White Bar Trail

White Bar Trail is a 11.7 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Southfields, New York that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

I have yet to fully finish this trail after going twice, but for atleast half of the trail- the hike is amazing. The mountain offers a steep hike in the beginning, but it slowly progresses while being rewarded with some beautiful mountain top scenes..

If you're looking for a satisfying trail without having the thought of completing the whole 11 miles.. I highly suggest it.

canoeing
Saturday, May 07, 2016

Tuesday, March 29, 2016

Great hike. Took us around 3.5 hours to hike the 5.2 miles. I would recommend you keep checking your bearings on the return loop (if following a counter clock-wise direction) as it's easy to stray onto other trails.

Saturday, July 11, 2015

This was a great hike, recommended to me by a friend. I kind of made my own route, didn't just stick with the RD trail the whole way. This is one of the best things about Harriman in my opinion...so many options. I parked on Rt. 106 or Kanauwake Rd. and took the RD to the yellow trail, then to the white trail, up to the lemon squeezer, I took the blue trail which connected to the RD trail which brought me back to the car. I didn't add them up but I'd say this was at least six miles, maybe seven. Some parts are moderate to difficult but to be honest the most difficult part is finding your way at times. The trail marking isn't atrocious and the RD is marked pretty well actually. But it is easy to get lost on the other trails and they are very poorly maintained! The plants are overgrown and are in the way of the trail. The lemon squeezer is really cool as well, the name speaks for itself. All in all this was a great hike like I said and I will do it again. Very nice views and it's nice hiking on bald rocks for a change.

Saturday, February 14, 2015