Whalen Park Trail is a 3.2 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Massena, New York that features a river. The trail is good for all skill levels and is primarily used for hiking, walking, trail running, and road biking. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 3.2 miles Elevation Gain: 36 feet Route Type: Out & Back

VERY easy trail and handicap friendly. Trail is fully blacktop and grass surrounding manicured. I was hoping we would have a better view of the water way but there is marsh land all along the trail which we took many pictures of birds and butterflies. Not the trail if you want to get off road and quiet, trail travels along the road which is a bit noisy.

I would recommend this trail to anyone looking for a low trafficed trail that is dog-friendly. Lots of open areas that lead to Vista points on the water. The entire trail follows the river. It is mostly in the sun with some shady spots. we went on the trail around 5:30 pm. The trail is very beautiful and well maintained.

Nice paved trail that runs along the river.

Mon Sep 18 2017

I really like going here. We hide rocks and find rocks. We climb trees and fall out of them. When we r done walking we play on the playground. The best part is they have a bathroom and it's the cleanest public bathroom I have ever used! Even the bathrooms in stores and gas stations with ppl who get paid all day to keep it clean couldn't do better than this!!!!!

Fri May 19 2017

Beautiful view of the St Lawrence river and a very nice trail!

Sun Apr 21 2019