Wellesley Island State Park

Wellesley Island State Park is a 2.3 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Wellesley Island, New York that features a lake and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

canoeing

A secluded wilderness site along the banks of the St. Lawrence River is home to the largest camping complex in the region. One of the main attractions of the park is its nature center and hiking trails.

Beautiful trail but watch out for ticks if you're planning on bringing your dog we went yesterday and I'm still finding more and more on her

Beautiful place and I hope to go back again!

Love the trail, some excellent look out points! I did not find the trail over difficult, it does have some rough terrain and some steep climbs but it's not that bad. I would definitely do this trail again

Cool

Beautiful trail. The views in the narrows are breathtaking. If you want to hike the whole island bring lots of water. You won't want to miss the views.

Sunday, June 05, 2016

The difficulty was fine, my complaint was the amount of tics I had to pull off my dogs at the end of the hike. Make sure you have really good tic meds for your dogs before hiking! We pulled about forty off one of my dogs, the poor thing.

Sunday, June 05, 2016

Overall it's got some great views and spots to picnic and eat lunch out. The Eel Bay Trail is well worth taking the round trip of the island, and it even has spots to go swimming and chillaxing. There are bouldering opportunities off trail if you like climbing rocks, but that's within your own discretion.

rails trails
Sunday, April 24, 2016

It was a ok area. Good views, there is a toll booth on the way there. The trail could be marked a lot better, but all and all a good walk.

Monday, March 21, 2016

We started the hike in another area but still found it to be enjoyable. The next time out we plan on bringing a lunch and having a picnic near the lake.

Friday, August 07, 2015

Very easy trail. Plenty of trails that branch off the main one. Getting to Wellesley Island does have a $2.75 toll so keep that in mind. And spending the day in the park costs $7. Just FYI. Plenty of trails for the entire family. A nature center that has lots of exhibits for kids. There are plenty of great views of the river. Dogs are welcome on leashes.