Van Lone Hill Loop Trail

Van Lone Hill Loop Trail is a 5.8 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Alpine, New York that features a great forest setting and is rated as difficult. The trail is primarily used for hiking and trail running and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Camped for 1 night. The camp site was small but quite flat and comfortable. We just caught the last bit of beautiful autumn leaves!

Don't forget, a portion of Connecticut Hill is so called "haunted".

Had a lot of fun on this trail. Got off course for almost a mile and had to turn back to the orange/red trail. Great for my dogs!! Did not run into anyone on the trail.

Trail gets a little tricky in spots, make sure ya pay attention to the trail markers!

Wear bug spray!! Lots of bugs (standing water) throughout the loop. This was my first time taking the trail and got a bit confused at times so I'd recommend going with a friend and checking out a map periodically. Overall a fun place to run or hike and I only saw one other person the whole time (mid week). Hills weren't very steep, I'd allow 3 hours to complete.

pretty simple and beautiful trail. still water turns to flowing. follows the stream.

Monday, November 14, 2016

Sunday, November 06, 2016

Great hike! I haven't been out in quite a while, so it was a moderately difficult trail for me. Great views most of the loop. I recommend starting by going up the road portion of the orange trail and ending on the white along the creek.

Monday, October 10, 2016

This was a VERY difficult trail to complete, not because of the terrain but because it is not a well marked trail and VERY easy to get off the correct path. The Google gps has different coordinates than the trail actually is, so I couldn't rely on that and it got me lost for about an hour and a half. I recommend you go with someone's who's done it before. A lot of the trail is up hill and I swear it was up hill starting and finishing. A frustrating hike for me but the woods are beautiful.

Sunday, October 02, 2016