Valley Stream State Park

Valley Stream State Park is a 2.7 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Valley Stream, New York. The trail is good for all skill levels and primarily used for hiking, trail running, and road biking.

This trail was very relaxing and it lead to a county park where it makes a loop. Parking was easy there is a very big parking lot. There were ducks geese and squirrels and fish in the pond. I had a great day and would recommend this to anyone just wanting to relax.

Sunday, October 16, 2016

Saturday, October 01, 2016

A nice flat walk. Pretty area including large lake and a small river. If you cross over to bbq area watch out for the bugs

Friday, July 01, 2016

easy to walk, paved trail around the link

Friday, June 24, 2016

Tuesday, September 22, 2015

Friday, January 02, 2015

I usually combine a run/walk through Valley Stream State Park with a loop around the town of Valley Stream's Hendrickson Park crossing into Valley Stream State Park at Hendrickson Ave. I really like to get off the paved path and run along the the trails by the stream all the way up to the Southern State and then I loop around the ballfield and back down the dirt road to cross over to the west side of the park and back out to Hendrickson. Its a nice small park but I really wish they'd maintain the trails by the stream when the thorn bushes overgrow it. I've come out of my run bleeding quite often. Its always seemed safe to me and when I go there are rarely many people around. There are some areas off the trail that you can see are used as drinking spots likely by the neighborhood kids but I've never had any trouble there. Its a very nice little oasis of nature in an otherwise densely populated suburban world.

Saturday, August 03, 2013

This is a wonderful family place, biking, jogging you have tennis courts and basketball courts just something for everyone... Plus you feel safe here