Upper Awosting, Lake Awosting and Castle Point Loop

Upper Awosting, Lake Awosting and Castle Point Loop is a 10.9 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Kerhonkson, New York that features a lake and is rated as difficult. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Beautiful views. Nice trails, I altered it a little.

best scenery and easy walkway. also good for bike.

I changed the track a little. I took Castle Point to the Blueberry Run Trail, over the Awosting Carriage Road down to Peters Kill, then backtracked back up to the Awosting Carriage Road, and then went around Lake Minnewaska on the Minnewaska Carriage Trail. It was a beautiful hike, roughly 12 miles. I liked the Blueberry Run Trail the most. It had the least amount of people and had a more diverse atmosphere.

Did this on my bike took upper awosting to lake rode around great places to stop and lay on flat rocks and swim then climbed up to castle point trail and it's a down hill ride all the way back

The views are beautiful. I've had to break up the full trail will eventually do the entire loop together. There were a lot of people riding bikes, be careful around turns.

I did a different path than AT described. The Lake was beautiful. View of Catskills at one end. Quick short trek on BR also.

Very exciting moderate-hard trail. It has a lot of spectacular scenes: to examine Gertrude's Nose Trail in details, to see great panoramic view at Castle Point, to admire of shapes of mountains, to see awesome Lake Awosting.

Thursday, May 26, 2016

Castle Point is a nice wide well groomed Carriageway in Minnewaska SP starting off the Lake Minnewaska loop. The highlight is Castle Point which offers panoramic views of Wallkill Valley, Sams Point, and the Catskill Mountains. Continue on to Lake Awosting which is a quiet large mountain lake which in late spring, early summer is surrounded by mountain laurel.

Tuesday, September 15, 2015

I've been here every weekend for the past few weekends. It's my favorite place to disappear off to. Amazing views. Great trail. I'll be back. Yet again. To hit any trail I may have missed. Castle point was closed for Reno, so I'll be back for that.

Thursday, July 17, 2014

One of my favorite places to go. Been there hundreds of times and never get tired of it. Great trails. Great views. Lots of options.

Monday, June 16, 2014

Moderate walk to the lake, perfect for mountain bikes. Great beach in the middle of the lake. Due to the fact that is only accessible by foot or bike the lake is not crowded.