Uplands Farm Sanctuary to Cold Spring Harbor

Uplands Farm Sanctuary to Cold Spring Harbor is a 5.6 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Cold Spring Harbor, New York that features a great forest setting and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

take the lie to route 135 to route 25a left on woodbury rd to route 108 make a left on lawrence hill rd parking will be on right

This trails split into two parts, separated by Laurence Hill Rd. The vast majority of people do the side that starts in a large parking lot that on Harbor Road. This side has some fairly difficult hills, just enough that most people could still get through, but would also be exhausted by the end. The other starts on Laurence Hill Road (you can just park on the road). I almost never see people on this side because at the start of the trail there's a fence that makes it look less appealing. But once you get past the fence it's a very secluded hike, very woodsie, clearly marked, and far less hilly than the other side! For those of you getting a little tired of the same hike, or looking for something a little less challenging (but still a good workout), try the other side!!

Great trail. Lots of hills up and down. Awesome trial for a long island park

Best Hiking Exercise available on Long Island. Lots of inclines and declines.

this is the best trail in long island!!!

Wednesday, June 15, 2016

My husband and I have walked this at least every season, 4-5xs a yr, for 20+ yrs. We start a Conservancy & just wander the nearby fields & woods for hour or so. Lovely place...there's more to it, but have only done the CSH greenbelt part twice. Plan to do more soon. Peaceful & enjoyable, especially in winter when no one's arnd.☺

Sunday, March 13, 2016

Sunday, February 28, 2016

It says you can bring dogs on the app, but the park does not allow it.

Sunday, October 25, 2015

My wife and I picked up the trail behind the conservancy office. We had the trail map and at the end of the field we entered the woods on our right. I guess we left the Sanctuary and ended up on some greenbelt trails. The trail is poorly marked and as you go further into the woods it becomes crowded. Runners, people with dogs and other hikers. This is the most crowded trail I have been on. On Route 108 and Lawrence Hill there are different entrances for the Greenbelt and that must be where the people were coming from.

A lot of the trails ended up in dead ends or up against rich person's property line. We saw a couple of large pools with pool houses and a tennis court.

We ended up over near Route 108 and turned around and went back. We had to use the Google satellite app to find our way back to a point on the trail we could recognize.

There are definitely some elevations and I would describe the terrain as rugged. I would give this a moderate rating.

A good workout but frustrating when you can't be sure where you are going.

Saturday, October 17, 2015

Saturday, September 19, 2015

Great walk, pretty short we managed to find a loop trail. Easy to follow trail markers. Took my dog, he loved it.

Friday, August 07, 2015

Up and down hike. Brisk walk. Too many doggies. Woof woof.

Saturday, February 02, 2013

Dogs are NOT permitted on trails, with or without a leash. There really isn't anyone official around to stop you though.

Tuesday, October 30, 2012

The kids meetup loved this hike!

Sunday, August 05, 2012

Amazing, had so much fun the dogs loved it as well. Definitely recommend .