Turkey Mountain Trail is a 2.2 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Yorktown Heights, New York that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Good trail for a family hike. Short enough so that the kids won't complain, but challenging enough that they will feel that they have accomplished something when they reach the summit. Good view from the peak.

Very nice view from the top, but it took me twice as long as this distance usually would because the ground was so slippery with dried leaves and the inclines were very steep. I overheard other hikers mentioning that they had fallen. Some parts are muddy, so be prepared. I took the white trail up and the blue down, and it was not marked well enough, I thought.

Fun and short for my 4 year old son and puppy. Trail was easy to follow and had a nice view at the top. Will be back to explore more trails (we took the white trail)

Good workout. A little creepy on a foggy morning.

Excellent varied terrain. Good view from peak. Short and sweet.

Short hike with nice views at the top! Only saw a few people on the trail

This is a great short hike with awesome views at the top, don’t be fooled it is not very easy but a good solid shirt hike. This is my go to daily hike.

An absolutely brilliant hike with a stunning view at the top. Perfect for kids big and small - high recommend and well marked . We went up the Blue and down the white.

Great for kids and little dogs

Great family hike that doesn’t take too much time. Can see nyc on a clear day.

pay off at the summit felt great

Enjoyable hike. Shaded, so nice on a hot day. Beautiful views

Good hike for the entire family with a nice view at the top. Highly recommend starting with blue trail and ending with white. Some parts can be a little muddy if it rains the day before.

Great little hike. The snow was still on the ground in a lot of spots and added a lot to the scenery and atmosphere.

Warm winter day hike. White trail short moderate hike to top. Came down blue trail . Ok hike not much on scenery

Amazing views at the top, even ran majority of the trail.

Nice for a quick hike, from the top you can see all the way to NYC on a clear day

Wednesday, November 15, 2017

I walk this trail every day before or after work. I have started to need a headlamp. I go up the blue trail and come down on the white. l love to see the city off in the distance, over the mist of the river.

Sunday, October 15, 2017

Beautiful views

Sunday, August 27, 2017

Beautiful view from the top. Steeper than expected.

Monday, August 14, 2017

I

Wednesday, August 02, 2017

The day I went was hot and muggy so perhaps this hike is easier in the fall when it's cooler, but man it's steep up hill for at least a mile before you get to the top. At the top there are lots of bees so if you're allergic, I'd stay away!! But other than that, it's a relitivly short hike that orovides a decent work out with alright views of New York. But I've been on easier hikes with better views.

Saturday, July 29, 2017

This trail is disgusting and poorly maintained. Highly trafficked by what looks like kids who drink and throw heir garbage everywhere. I'm disgusted by what this area has done to what we have left of nature. Not to mention it smells like mold and dead animals everywhere, and there was broken glass we had to watch out for because we had our dogs.

Friday, July 14, 2017

k

Sunday, July 02, 2017

Up the white, down the blue. Nice hike, worth it for the view.

Wednesday, March 29, 2017

Easy hike - did this hike at least 100 times as a kid

Monday, January 16, 2017

Great hike!

Sunday, November 06, 2016

Love this little hike. We went up the white trail, and down blue...but not sure what big difference it would make to do it the other way around. Somewhat tricky footwork, and some steep inclines, but doable and worth it at the top. Blue trail became slightly less emblazoned on the way down, but maybe we weren't paying enough attention! Saw no wildlife at all. Overall, one of my favorites!

Sunday, November 06, 2016

My first time on this trail, went up white and down blue. Very slippery because of leaves, first week in November. I would recommend up blue and down white.

Tuesday, November 01, 2016

Beautiful trial definitely up white down blue pay attention to markers going down .

Saturday, October 15, 2016

Chose this spot for my second hike ever. Compared to my first ever hike at Schunemunk Mtn this place was a much needed change of pace and terrain. Good amount of parking spaces at the trailhead. I chose to go up the White to get some workout. It was a short climb up and very manageable for beginners like me. View at the top was sweet for the minimal climbing effort. Trails are marked fairly well and I didn't have much trouble finding myself around. It seems like a popular trail for the locals and I ran into many friendly people on an early Friday afternoon. So don't panic if you do find yourself a bit lost. After enjoying the view at the top I took the Blue trail back to the lot. It's a fairly fast hike but you can choose to do it fast or slow. Overall a very lovely place to visit alone or with your family for a nice day outdoors.