Turkey Mountain Trail

Turkey Mountain Trail is a 2.2 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Yorktown Heights, New York that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Good trail for a family hike. Short enough so that the kids won't complain, but challenging enough that they will feel that they have accomplished something when they reach the summit. Good view from the peak.

Enjoyable hike. Shaded, so nice on a hot day. Beautiful views

Good hike for the entire family with a nice view at the top. Highly recommend starting with blue trail and ending with white. Some parts can be a little muddy if it rains the day before.

Great little hike. The snow was still on the ground in a lot of spots and added a lot to the scenery and atmosphere.

Warm winter day hike. White trail short moderate hike to top. Came down blue trail . Ok hike not much on scenery

Amazing views at the top, even ran majority of the trail.

Nice for a quick hike, from the top you can see all the way to NYC on a clear day

I walk this trail every day before or after work. I have started to need a headlamp. I go up the blue trail and come down on the white. l love to see the city off in the distance, over the mist of the river.

Beautiful views

Beautiful view from the top. Steeper than expected.

I

The day I went was hot and muggy so perhaps this hike is easier in the fall when it's cooler, but man it's steep up hill for at least a mile before you get to the top. At the top there are lots of bees so if you're allergic, I'd stay away!! But other than that, it's a relitivly short hike that orovides a decent work out with alright views of New York. But I've been on easier hikes with better views.

This trail is disgusting and poorly maintained. Highly trafficked by what looks like kids who drink and throw heir garbage everywhere. I'm disgusted by what this area has done to what we have left of nature. Not to mention it smells like mold and dead animals everywhere, and there was broken glass we had to watch out for because we had our dogs.

Friday, July 14, 2017

k

Sunday, July 02, 2017

Up the white, down the blue. Nice hike, worth it for the view.

Wednesday, March 29, 2017

Easy hike - did this hike at least 100 times as a kid

Monday, January 16, 2017

Great hike!

Sunday, November 06, 2016

Love this little hike. We went up the white trail, and down blue...but not sure what big difference it would make to do it the other way around. Somewhat tricky footwork, and some steep inclines, but doable and worth it at the top. Blue trail became slightly less emblazoned on the way down, but maybe we weren't paying enough attention! Saw no wildlife at all. Overall, one of my favorites!

Sunday, November 06, 2016

My first time on this trail, went up white and down blue. Very slippery because of leaves, first week in November. I would recommend up blue and down white.

Tuesday, November 01, 2016

Beautiful trial definitely up white down blue pay attention to markers going down .

Saturday, October 15, 2016

Chose this spot for my second hike ever. Compared to my first ever hike at Schunemunk Mtn this place was a much needed change of pace and terrain. Good amount of parking spaces at the trailhead. I chose to go up the White to get some workout. It was a short climb up and very manageable for beginners like me. View at the top was sweet for the minimal climbing effort. Trails are marked fairly well and I didn't have much trouble finding myself around. It seems like a popular trail for the locals and I ran into many friendly people on an early Friday afternoon. So don't panic if you do find yourself a bit lost. After enjoying the view at the top I took the Blue trail back to the lot. It's a fairly fast hike but you can choose to do it fast or slow. Overall a very lovely place to visit alone or with your family for a nice day outdoors.

Wednesday, September 28, 2016

Quick beautiful hike with a great view. I take the white trail up because I like the steep incline, and the blue down which is a bit longer but less difficult. Very enjoyable loop.

Tuesday, June 28, 2016

A wonderful hike with modest effort yielding a rewarding vista. Off trail you can find leatherman's cave - check map.

Saturday, June 25, 2016

Pretty easy trail. It's great to do with kids and you can see the NYC skyline at the top!

Friday, April 22, 2016

Terrific. Some poisonous snakes around but have never been a prob. A fun hike!!!

Sunday, April 17, 2016

nice steep ascent via white trail up to the top. took us about 20 min to summit. had lunch then descended via blue trail, another 30 min. short good hike with decent views at the top.

Saturday, April 02, 2016

Great quick short trail w great views specifically at the summit

Monday, November 03, 2014

This was an awesome, fairly easy and quick hike. Perfect for the beginning of a day when you have stuff to do but still really want to spend a few hours outside beforehand. Did the blue trail up and white down. The white was a bit steeper, but pretty fun! While the views are pretty good, the top of the mountain itself was just as cool as the views (huge stretches of rock, patches of moss, etc). A gorgeous hike to take in late autumn!

Saturday, April 12, 2014

This trail is pretty cool if you want a quick hike with a nice view. The first time I went, I took the white trail up and the blue trail down. The white is half the distance, but twice as hard as the blue. The second time, I did the opposite. I recommend taking the blue up and the white down. The views are nice, but nothing spectacular. If you look to the left, on a clear day you can see NYC.

Thursday, June 20, 2013

The top is big with the ground being mostly giant rock, I want to go back and have a picnic there. The view is nice but nothing too spectacular. There's really only one good picture spot. Overall it was a great quick little hike for beginners.

Thursday, June 20, 2013

Bi did the white trail up and the blue trail down. they are beautiful trails and well labeled with markers. It's very man-made looking though. The white trail is outlined in rocks at some parts. They are short trails, not for a day of hiking. We made it to the top in about 20 minutes. Although the white is steeper it is still not very difficult.