Learn more

Turkey Mountain Trail

moderateYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray Star(452)
Turkey Mountain Park

Turkey Mountain Trail is a 1.9 mile heavily trafficked loop trail located near Yorktown Heights, New York that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking and walking. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 1.9 miles Elevation Gain: 452 feet Route Type: Loop

Good trail for a family hike. Short enough so that the kids won't complain, but challenging enough that they will feel that they have accomplished something when they reach the summit. Good view from the peak.

Good Trail for families - White Route will take you straight up (easy to moderate, lots of rocks to help w climb). I took Blue trail down, gradual but some steep dirt trails scattered. Overall - highly recommend for casual hiking!

Super well marked and ample parking. We did the blue to white loop and loved it.

recorded Turkey Mountain Trail

First time here. I took the white to the blue. Would definitely recommend blue to the White if you want a much better work out. Took me 1.9 to do the loop but then I did another 2 miles of just exploring. Couple of nice views along the way.

Great trail for locals - started running the circuit to stay in shape - it's equal parts tough, scenic and fun - family and dog friendly!

Beautiful fairly easy trails with nice views

This is a great place to get away from the city--all beautiful woods with many trails. It gets crowded fast but the view from the top is definitely worth it.

Great hike, not the best view

Great place to go for first time hikers!

Took the white trail up and blue trail down. Markers for blue trail going down were very spaced out at points and I got off trail somehow. Muddy in areas. View at top is nice and overall an easy to moderate hike. White trail is shorter to the top at a steeper incline and blue trail is longer with only one steep spot. Just be mindful of markers going down on blue trail.

well-marked the actually has 4 different trails. we chise the yellow trail today 4.4 mile loop good for a run or work up with your gear.

Little confusing markings but if you stick to White trail up and Blue trail down I think you’ll be happier...

wonderful Sunday hike with the kids!!! not too many people and those we came across super friendly! no bugs it was a clear morning we got a nice view of NYC

recorded Turkey Mountain Trail

Great Veiw of the city!

Beautiful kid-friendly hike. Lots of families on the weekend, but everyone was good about keeping a safe distance. Great views from the top, interesting terrain.

On a clear day you can see the nyc skyline! It’s an easy-moderate hike!

Very short. I would rate it as “easy”. Decent views at the top! Saw a big black rattlesnake on the way down. Like... the biggest one I’ve ever seen in my life... right in the middle of the path. I probably won’t bother returning. I’d try running it if there weren’t scary snakes.

Planned for another trail, but it was closed. Found this thanks to the All Trails app, great hike. Got the heart rate up and blood flowing...nice views at the top. Good for the whole family

Great short hike with amazing views of the city and some surprise fern waterfall spots on the hike down.

Enjoyable, very green hike. It was a little steep at some points but not too hard, saw all ages on the trail. Nice view at the peak although it was cloudy when we went. We’ll come back and hike again.

Nice walk with the kids and dog on Mother’s Day. A bit crowded but every one was respectful of each other’s space. The view at the top is worth the hike!

very easy hike. slight incline. took the blue trail to the white.

My family loved this trail... we are inexperienced hikers just looking to get out of the house. We went up white and down blue... but blue is very steep at times so we had a little difficulty coming down. I would suggest going up and down the white trail. Nice views!

I have a hiking this trail in over 10 years not since I moved out of the Croton area. This hike was one of my favorites to do for many many years while attending high school.