Tryon and Lucien Moren Parks Loop Trail

Tryon and Lucien Moren Parks Loop Trail is a 6 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Brighton, New York that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until October.

Trail is well marked on the east side of the bay. The west side of the bay is not marked at all and you will have to walk on the road twice if you chose to hike the loop. My recommendation is hike south from the beginning of the bay by MacGregors bar and as soon as you hit the road turn around and hike back, don't do the loop.

I hiked this trail today. While some parts were really scenic, the trail itself is a mess. There is one section that is well marked, but the remainder requires a lot of guessing as to which paths to follow, and there are many turn offs around. I used this app to keep me on the trail, and good thing I did, otherwise I would have been lost. At one point the trail dumps you in the parking lot of McGregors on Empire Blvd and you need to walk close to a mile on Empire Blvd to get back into the woods. Dangerous and definitely not scenic.