Tinkers Falls Trail

Tinkers Falls Trail is a 0.6 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Tully, New York that features a waterfall and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round.

Good family adventure for last minute planning

It was the perfect hike for me and my 2&5 year old boys. We walked to the falls and then up and under the falls and then up to the top of the falls and back down from the outlook trail. Beautiful and not too difficult. My boys loved it.

Beautiful day for a short walk along a beautiful stream. The falls were at a steady flow, yet we were able to climb up and behind them! great view!

Can't wait to go back

Very pretty spot. Came out here for the first time during winter after a moderate snow. The parking area is well designated and the entrance to the path with signage is across the road. I had pulled in just as a uncle/niece were about to snowshoe together, and they offered to bring me to the Falls as I was unfamiliar with the area. The Falls were not hard to find, .25 miles into the woods on an easy trail and back out again. BEWARE: The trail ends abruptly with steep hills on each side of the creek. If you walk straight up to the falls from the path you WILL be walking on top of water flow! The Falls' flow was not completely frozen when I went and I broke through the ice layer into about 10inch icy water, dunking one hand and falling sideways into the water on one leg as well. Not a fun thing to have happen in 5° weather!! The snow shoe-ers did not have a problem as they could distribute weight, but I went down wearing my L.L. Bean boots. Be careful during winter! It's deceptive because it does look like you're still on the path when in fact you start walking on ice under the snow!!

Hiking up to Jones Hill from the waterfall is a workout, not very scenic until you get to the hang glider launch. Don't continue on to Spruce Pond unless you plan on backtracking, hitting the asphalt, or continuing on the FLT. BE PREPARED! I've done this on a whim with just one bottle of water several times and regretted it. Otherwise, Jones Hill and Tinker Falls by themselves are a great three-hour tour.