Tinkers Falls Trail

Tinkers Falls Trail is a 0.6 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Tully, New York that features a waterfall and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

very nice trail, waterfalls where beautiful! definitely a trip for the whole family!

I'm writing this a bit late, but I go every spring after the winter thaw that's when the falls are flowing. Its beautiful

We went in Oct. 2014. I am writing this in Dec. 2017. I remember this hike because I never used to hike or walk much back then (for exercise).... and I found this hike a challenge because of that. But, now I have been in the Salt Lake City area for about 5 months, and have done mountain hikes.. and now I look back on this and think wow, I thought that was hard! Firstly the elevation change is barely anything and then the base elevation seems to be about 1310 and out in Salt Lake City, we don't start anything below about 4300! If I get to do this hike again, I wonder if it'd be a piece of cake! But, that being said, it's well worth the hike and it was a beautiful trail and fall. I remember we went on a weekday evening, and it was quite crowded....

Nice spot if you’re local. Definitely would not drive more than an hour to it especially this time of year. Short hike and the falls are little trickles. I went with my two kids and had a picnic behind the falls.

Loved this area, falls aren't very far in and are exquisit. The rest of the blue trail is wonderful. Be mindful you have to backtrack to come back to where you started from.

Great hike! Just challenging enough without being strenuous.

Good family adventure for last minute planning

It was the perfect hike for me and my 2&5 year old boys. We walked to the falls and then up and under the falls and then up to the top of the falls and back down from the outlook trail. Beautiful and not too difficult. My boys loved it.

Tuesday, April 18, 2017

Beautiful day for a short walk along a beautiful stream. The falls were at a steady flow, yet we were able to climb up and behind them! great view!

Saturday, February 25, 2017

Can't wait to go back

Friday, January 27, 2017

Very pretty spot. Came out here for the first time during winter after a moderate snow. The parking area is well designated and the entrance to the path with signage is across the road. I had pulled in just as a uncle/niece were about to snowshoe together, and they offered to bring me to the Falls as I was unfamiliar with the area. The Falls were not hard to find, .25 miles into the woods on an easy trail and back out again. BEWARE: The trail ends abruptly with steep hills on each side of the creek. If you walk straight up to the falls from the path you WILL be walking on top of water flow! The Falls' flow was not completely frozen when I went and I broke through the ice layer into about 10inch icy water, dunking one hand and falling sideways into the water on one leg as well. Not a fun thing to have happen in 5° weather!! The snow shoe-ers did not have a problem as they could distribute weight, but I went down wearing my L.L. Bean boots. Be careful during winter! It's deceptive because it does look like you're still on the path when in fact you start walking on ice under the snow!!

Wednesday, October 19, 2016

Hiking up to Jones Hill from the waterfall is a workout, not very scenic until you get to the hang glider launch. Don't continue on to Spruce Pond unless you plan on backtracking, hitting the asphalt, or continuing on the FLT. BE PREPARED! I've done this on a whim with just one bottle of water several times and regretted it. Otherwise, Jones Hill and Tinker Falls by themselves are a great three-hour tour.

Wednesday, September 21, 2016

easy and fun nice falls good spot for a hot day

Monday, September 19, 2016

Nice trail and easy to follow.

Monday, September 05, 2016

For the out and back trail the beginning and end are pretty steep. Great views!

Monday, September 05, 2016

initially steep but well worth the view

Monday, August 15, 2016

tough hike with kids but you can go both behind and to the base of the waterfall

Thursday, August 04, 2016

Steep hill but the view is amazing!!!

Saturday, July 02, 2016

very cool

Sunday, June 19, 2016

Very steep on the part that we did. We didn't use the falls trail.

Thursday, June 16, 2016

Steep and challenging but worth the view

Saturday, June 04, 2016

very nice hike glad we started on the falls end then followed trail to hang-glider launch.

Saturday, June 04, 2016

the trail to the overlook of the pond was butt busting for a bit and what a great hike, I'm going back for the falls trail.

Tuesday, May 31, 2016

Easy hike to the falls. Nice spot for a family. Not privet at all and lots of people. State has a nice crush rock trail all the way to the water fall and benches . Has alot of parking and all so handicap access parking as well.

Sunday, May 22, 2016

Fun hike! Don't forget bug spray!!

Tuesday, May 17, 2016

i like that they made a path up the waterfall now so anyone can get up there. if you do the extended trails this area is not as easy but I find it peaceful at tinker falls

Sunday, April 17, 2016

Great hike! My husband and I are avid hikers. We just moved from San Diego California and we're hoping to find a hike that would be challenging and enjoyable. Beautiful waterfall, I can only imagine how pretty it's going to be once spring and summer set in! I would rate this hike an easy-medium. We took the light blue trail, great hike for our first hike in CNY.

Sunday, March 27, 2016

With my dog, Hiked up the creek instead of the trail, so it was a little more fun. Then went up to hang glider point, 2 miles up hill, a trek, but great view at the top. It was pretty busy on a beautiful March 27, don't know if I would go there on a summer weekend, I bet it's mobbed with people...

Friday, January 29, 2016

Loved the waterfall! Crazy steps, very slippery!