Tinkers Falls Trail

Tinkers Falls Trail is a 0.6 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Tully, New York that features a waterfall and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

We went in Oct. 2014. I am writing this in Dec. 2017. I remember this hike because I never used to hike or walk much back then (for exercise).... and I found this hike a challenge because of that. But, now I have been in the Salt Lake City area for about 5 months, and have done mountain hikes.. and now I look back on this and think wow, I thought that was hard! Firstly the elevation change is barely anything and then the base elevation seems to be about 1310 and out in Salt Lake City, we don't start anything below about 4300! If I get to do this hike again, I wonder if it'd be a piece of cake! But, that being said, it's well worth the hike and it was a beautiful trail and fall. I remember we went on a weekday evening, and it was quite crowded....

Nice spot if you’re local. Definitely would not drive more than an hour to it especially this time of year. Short hike and the falls are little trickles. I went with my two kids and had a picnic behind the falls.

Loved this area, falls aren't very far in and are exquisit. The rest of the blue trail is wonderful. Be mindful you have to backtrack to come back to where you started from.

Great hike! Just challenging enough without being strenuous.

Good family adventure for last minute planning

It was the perfect hike for me and my 2&5 year old boys. We walked to the falls and then up and under the falls and then up to the top of the falls and back down from the outlook trail. Beautiful and not too difficult. My boys loved it.

Beautiful day for a short walk along a beautiful stream. The falls were at a steady flow, yet we were able to climb up and behind them! great view!

Can't wait to go back

Very pretty spot. Came out here for the first time during winter after a moderate snow. The parking area is well designated and the entrance to the path with signage is across the road. I had pulled in just as a uncle/niece were about to snowshoe together, and they offered to bring me to the Falls as I was unfamiliar with the area. The Falls were not hard to find, .25 miles into the woods on an easy trail and back out again. BEWARE: The trail ends abruptly with steep hills on each side of the creek. If you walk straight up to the falls from the path you WILL be walking on top of water flow! The Falls' flow was not completely frozen when I went and I broke through the ice layer into about 10inch icy water, dunking one hand and falling sideways into the water on one leg as well. Not a fun thing to have happen in 5° weather!! The snow shoe-ers did not have a problem as they could distribute weight, but I went down wearing my L.L. Bean boots. Be careful during winter! It's deceptive because it does look like you're still on the path when in fact you start walking on ice under the snow!!

Wednesday, October 19, 2016

Hiking up to Jones Hill from the waterfall is a workout, not very scenic until you get to the hang glider launch. Don't continue on to Spruce Pond unless you plan on backtracking, hitting the asphalt, or continuing on the FLT. BE PREPARED! I've done this on a whim with just one bottle of water several times and regretted it. Otherwise, Jones Hill and Tinker Falls by themselves are a great three-hour tour.

Wednesday, September 21, 2016

easy and fun nice falls good spot for a hot day

Monday, September 19, 2016

Nice trail and easy to follow.

Monday, September 05, 2016

For the out and back trail the beginning and end are pretty steep. Great views!

Monday, September 05, 2016

initially steep but well worth the view

Monday, August 15, 2016

tough hike with kids but you can go both behind and to the base of the waterfall

Thursday, August 04, 2016

Steep hill but the view is amazing!!!

Saturday, July 02, 2016

very cool

Friday, June 24, 2016

Technically, you are not allowed to mountain bike on any trails in the tinkers falls area. But, there is a hidden gem here for some downhill. If you park at the normal parking lot on 91 and ride down 91, take a left on Shackham Road and go up the hill. At the top of the hill, you will see a trail that crosses the road. Go left towards tinker falls. After a short uphill hike there is flat and decently smooth singletrack for awhile which then leads into a steep off camber trail which ends at the top of the falls. It's a solid 10 minutes of fast downhill, but be sure to have good brakes. Also, the corners on the steep hill are very sharp so be ready to slow down, and there are some logs down across the trail. I have never even seen anyone else on this trail, so I wouldn't worry about getting yelled at for riding on this trail.

Sunday, June 19, 2016

Very steep on the part that we did. We didn't use the falls trail.