Tifft Nature Preserve Trail

Tifft Nature Preserve Trail is a 1.9 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Buffalo, New York that features a lake and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round.

There was deer like every turn I took! Loved it!

Beautiful nature trails with abundant wildlife. Very Well maintained.

Sunday, July 23, 2017

easy and great for kids. so much wildlife to see! Have gone multiple times.

Monday, July 17, 2017

This is an excellent, easy walking trail which is well maintained. Beautiful views of woodlands,fields, and water. Benches along the way for resting and viewing. Lots of birds and other wildlife.

Tuesday, June 27, 2017

Some friends and I hiked this trail in late fall of 2016 and it was beautiful. The animals are just familiar enough with humans to let you get close enough to see them without startling. I took some amazing pictures here. It is a great place to go exploring and you will always find something new.

Saturday, August 27, 2016

Nice little walk and did a little geocaching as well. It's very easy and maintained. With it being so dry this year there wasn't much water around, and it was a 90* day so it was very hot. A nice cool fall day would have better. For us it was fairly close and a good way to get back to nature for a little refreshment of the soul.

Sunday, August 07, 2016

My two little boys and I have gone for a short walk a couple of times, each time discovering something new and amazing. Along the trail we've seen many different birds. we've crossed paths with deer and rabbits. A great place to go enjoy nature under the shade of trees, along creeks.

Monday, July 04, 2016

No pets allowed.

Saturday, July 02, 2016

Nice little city oasis. Good birding and other wildlife. Overall a good way to get into nature without a long drive (if you live in Buffalo).

Monday, May 30, 2016

What a wonderful hidden treasure! My fiance and I spent the day walking all around this park. Tons of birds, I've seen more bird species here than I've seen anywhere else. We saw some deer too, and turtles! There is a lot to see in this park. Woods, marsh areas with walkways, a big open field that part of the trail goes through. Little creeks everywhere. The hiking is very easy. I would have never known somewhere so close to the city to be as "woodsy" and abundant in wildlife as this place is. Totally worth a visit, we will be going back!

Wednesday, April 06, 2016

I frequent this trail often. It's a 10 min drive from where I live so I like to come here a few times a year. I have taken this trail in the summer and in the winter. The summer is a great time to see all different types of birds and deer hiding in the trees. My favorite though would have to be coming here in the dead of winter. It's cold but it's so peaceful and pretty. Just bundle up and bring hand warmers, it's a short enough trail that you can just run back to the car if you can't handle the cold.

Tuesday, December 15, 2015

Really easy, interesting trail. You can go out for a short walk or do the whole trail for more of a challenge. If you see chickadees, don't feed them, but hold your hand up and see what happens.

Sunday, July 05, 2015

Easy walk that is great for kids. Educational too. Love the bat houses!

Friday, July 03, 2015

Simply peaceful and beautiful nature walk. Good for kids and Family.

Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Nice easy walk, perfect for kids to explore with their families.

Wednesday, June 27, 2012

As many times as I'd stopped over the years to walk around the pond visible from Route 5, I had never bothered to explore the trail system here until this year. I was surprised at how large a tract the Preserve really is, and what a variety of pretty scenes there are to enjoy by walking the fields. It's a really enjoyable oasis of nature in an otherwise industrialized area, and is senior and kid-friendly. Plus, wildlife abounds.

Monday, October 24, 2011

Great place for an easy hike with your family or if you are in to birding. Many species migrate through here and the density is very high as it is one of the few places for wildlife in the area.

Saturday, October 08, 2011

Pleasant, level hike for everyone.

Sunday, August 13, 2017