Tifft Nature Preserve Trail

Tifft Nature Preserve Trail is a 1.9 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Buffalo, New York that features a lake and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round.

Beautiful nature trails with abundant wildlife. Very Well maintained.

easy and great for kids. so much wildlife to see! Have gone multiple times.

This is an excellent, easy walking trail which is well maintained. Beautiful views of woodlands,fields, and water. Benches along the way for resting and viewing. Lots of birds and other wildlife.

Some friends and I hiked this trail in late fall of 2016 and it was beautiful. The animals are just familiar enough with humans to let you get close enough to see them without startling. I took some amazing pictures here. It is a great place to go exploring and you will always find something new.

geocaching
Saturday, August 27, 2016

Nice little walk and did a little geocaching as well. It's very easy and maintained. With it being so dry this year there wasn't much water around, and it was a 90* day so it was very hot. A nice cool fall day would have better. For us it was fairly close and a good way to get back to nature for a little refreshment of the soul.

Sunday, August 07, 2016

My two little boys and I have gone for a short walk a couple of times, each time discovering something new and amazing. Along the trail we've seen many different birds. we've crossed paths with deer and rabbits. A great place to go enjoy nature under the shade of trees, along creeks.

Sunday, July 31, 2016

Monday, July 04, 2016

No pets allowed.

Sunday, July 03, 2016

Saturday, July 02, 2016

Nice little city oasis. Good birding and other wildlife. Overall a good way to get into nature without a long drive (if you live in Buffalo).

Sunday, June 19, 2016

Monday, May 30, 2016

What a wonderful hidden treasure! My fiance and I spent the day walking all around this park. Tons of birds, I've seen more bird species here than I've seen anywhere else. We saw some deer too, and turtles! There is a lot to see in this park. Woods, marsh areas with walkways, a big open field that part of the trail goes through. Little creeks everywhere. The hiking is very easy. I would have never known somewhere so close to the city to be as "woodsy" and abundant in wildlife as this place is. Totally worth a visit, we will be going back!

Monday, April 18, 2016

Wednesday, April 06, 2016

I frequent this trail often. It's a 10 min drive from where I live so I like to come here a few times a year. I have taken this trail in the summer and in the winter. The summer is a great time to see all different types of birds and deer hiding in the trees. My favorite though would have to be coming here in the dead of winter. It's cold but it's so peaceful and pretty. Just bundle up and bring hand warmers, it's a short enough trail that you can just run back to the car if you can't handle the cold.