The IBM Glen Trail

The IBM Glen Trail is a 3.6 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Endicott, New York that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

old growth

The IBM Glen comprises over 200 acres in the Town of Union, in the heart of the so-called Triple Cites region in New York State's Southern Tier. The IBM Glen is a "Place For All Seasons"! The IBM Glen contains a mature forest with some of the oldest and largest trees in Broome County, and its cascading gorge is the region's finest. For centuries people have enjoyed the Glen's majestic trees, cool waterfalls, colorful wildflowers, and abundant bird and animal life.

Trail is mainly old paved roads. The stone arch bridge is a hidden treasure. Nice for a quiet walk.

The trail has its highlights, like the stone bridge. Better markings on the switchback would help. The bagged dog droppings left at various places along the trail were disgusting. If you take a dog to the trail, take their waste with you.

Great trail! Beautiful!

Pretty woods. Not much to the waterfall in September, but I am sure it's awesome in June! Still a nice, mostly easy walk.

G

The trail itself is just ok; not much to see. What makes this hike awesome is the glen with stone bridge and waterfall. We took the advice of another reviewer and followed the yellow trail to the left at both the forks. At the end of the yellow trail (where the posted private property sign is) follow the wolf creek trail down to the glen to see the stone bridge and waterfall. This part of the hike can be somewhat treacherous but definitely worth it. I recommend grabbing a trail map at the start of the trail or taking a picture of the trail map that is posted.

nice walk in a beautiful area had a great time with the grandkids

Great hiking, but if you want to see the water, when you get to the split go left and then left again. No water on the big loop and that's a definite uphill hike either way you go! The kids enjoyed catching Pokemon and it was nice to reminisce about the old IBM days when that trail used to be exclusive to IBM families only.

Fun and easy trail!

It was ok, trail is paved and difficult to enjoy. Long boring walk to trail, not enough nature except along creek.

Sunday, November 27, 2016

It is very easy and not crowded. I wish it were better maintained in some parts but compared to the other binghamton trails, this is a fairly good one.

Saturday, October 15, 2016

Bridge and waterfall in bottom dry this fall

Wednesday, September 14, 2016

If you enter near from the back parking lot of the Traditions at the Glen country club a fun descent creek side run. Recently this entrance had been closed off to traffic with a private property posting, I still just park and walk up the hill to the creek entrance. If you park on the Robinson hill road entrance this trail goes downhill figuratively and literally. Very long ascent down a gravelly trail that you'll have to go all the way back up, uninteresting and no fun. You will eventually get down to the creek trails

Tuesday, July 19, 2016

Dog friendly. Geocaching friendly. Moderate in difficulty. Most hikes start going downhill and become steep uphill climbs on the return trip. Paved trails eroded in some areas.

Monday, July 04, 2016

We went around April 2016. The trail was incorrectly marked and at mid way ended up at the rear end of a golf course, a trail to the highway, and an old rusty water tower. Couldn't find a waterfall either. We passed about four others who also could not find a waterfall. Someone mentioned the trail has a partial new owner, hence the misleading directions. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Sunday, June 26, 2016

The trails are nice and paved. Little buggy so bring bug spray. Very peaceful. I did end up on the golf course but that was my fault for not paying attention.

Saturday, May 07, 2016

Beautiful. Like a miniature version of Watkins Glen Gorge.

Tuesday, December 15, 2015

Nice hike through the Glen. I grew up in Johnson City, but this was the first time I hiked the Glen as an adult. I was visiting JC with my BF and the hike was a perfect outing. We started on the paved trail and then took more of a scenic route and walked along the rivers edge since the water level was low. I managed to slip and fall because I wasn't paying attention and the flat rocks were wet and slick. No injuries, thank goodness for water repellent pants. We didn't see any wildlife, and only heard birds very infrequently. Overall, a nice, quiet, peaceful hike with some hills but mostly flat.

Wednesday, August 26, 2015

This is a great stroll. Parking is close and an easy trail. Best in the fall

Monday, May 18, 2015

We took my in-laws here over the weekend for a quick hike. The trail is really pretty and was a nice light workout. Next time my husband and I go we will bring bugspray!