The Bristol Hills Trail

The Bristol Hills Trail is a 11.9 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Naples, New York that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until October.

2093 feet

Nice hike on a chilly day. Single track trails were great, especially around gully. About half of route is along boring forestry roads. Great view of Canadaigua lake. Went off trail in a few spots to snag some geocaches

rails trails

Took a trip on April 9, 2017 just after a large rain storm I was impressed with the trail conditions it was wet but not as sloppy as I thought it might be. This was the first nice weekend we have had and I was happy that this trail was not packed still had that off the beaten path feel to it. This trail doesn't offer much site seeing as I was hoping to have like some of the other trails with beautiful views of the fingerlakes but it does have a few small water falls one in a beautiful evergreen patch. This trail will give your legs a work out with its winding climb to the top I would rate this trail at the top end of the moderate scale when it's pretty wet out it gets pretty slick with the climb up hill and the leaves on the ground.

Saturday, September 10, 2016

Sunday, August 14, 2016

Tuesday, May 31, 2016

Great hike! We parked near Parrish Rd. and hiked up the stream, not the path. Very scenic, and we increased in elevation without even realizing it. There were a few tricky parts: using ropes (they were already hanging for us-just look for them) to assist in climbing up the slippery rocks. The work is worth the reward for this one: beautiful view at the end of the trail.

Tuesday, May 31, 2016

Saturday, April 09, 2016

Saturday, March 26, 2016

Saturday, December 05, 2015

It's a great place to ride the horses and the trails are normally maintained well! It's a joy every time!

Sunday, June 07, 2015

Sunday, August 31, 2014

We parked off of Parrish Hill Rd and followed the markers for the blue trail up to the lean to's and then back down. The trail was really well marked. It was a bit muddy and almost a 600ft vertical ascent in about a mile. Went with my husband and our dog who loved it! Definitely bring bug spray.

rock climbing
Saturday, June 28, 2014

Had a great time hiked through the stream. When i kept getting further into the hike, it suddenly turned into a climb. I was stuck in a gorge and climbed up a lot of rocks to get to the top where the trail was. It was intense for me especially with no climbing equipment besides some climbing boots and a camel back with water in it. But all together it was an amazing time i felt on top of the world after i got to the top.

Sunday, May 26, 2013

Ended up on a 2 mile mountain bike path that took us by an old, empty dilapidated barn...trail ended at a tiny little falls and secondary parking lot. Took it back to the entrance off rt 245. Nice brook.

Wednesday, March 06, 2013

Not sure where the loop aspect comes into play. Hikes to the top where the lean-to is then followed a road for a bit then went right to what we thought was the downward trail but it eventually ended. Ended up bush wacking to the road. Fun hike though.

Thursday, April 12, 2012