Tenant Creek Falls

Tenant Creek Falls is a 4.1 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Northville, New York that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, bird watching, fishing, and fly fishing and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Distance: 4.1 miles Elevation Gain: 534 feet Route Type: Out & Back

Great trail. Only problem is the trail markers. I think there should be more around where the trail curves. With old parts of the trail still around I could see a beginner getting turned around if they're not careful.

Fairly easy hike. Went to all 3 waterfalls. Beautiful!!

Dog-friendly. Not ridiculously busy, but by getting there early you will avoid many other hikers. This is a nice, moderate hike. Elevation gain is not significant. But not flat terrain either. Trail includes rocky areas, as well as root-filled sections. At only about 1-hour from home, we’d definitely do this hike again. Maybe in the spring when the ground melt feeds the creek and 3 waterfalls. Even in the fall, the waterfalls were ample. ~09/29/19

I really enjoyed this trail. I didn’t see many other hikers on Saturday. The falls are beautiful!

Very enjoyable hike we did on a dry day. Would have some slippery areas if ground was wet. 2nd and 3rd water were the best

Good hike.

closed

Great hike and 3 small but beautiful waterfalls.

A well marked easy to follow trail. The terrain is rocky with so many roots. We went after a couple days of thunderstorms so the roots/rocks were wet and quite slippery but still easy enough. The 2-3 falls are worth the walk which mostly follows the stream which is nice. Saw many families with small children who all seemed to enjoy. Can definitely wade in the water to cool off or just let the kids play at all 3 areas

Beautiful, easy hike. Perfect for family. 3 beautiful waterfalls. Very worthwhile.

Nice wooded trail that parallels a babbling creek virtually the entire path. I don't know why it is rated moderate. I am in my 50's, passed ladies in their early 70's, and families with young kids. All looked to be enjoying the hike. First and third waterfalls are best for going for a swim. Enjoy.

Hiked this on a Sunday. The trail was well marked passed about 6 groups of other hikers. Mostly shaded which was nice because it was so hot out. Bugs.... but we'll worth it to take a dip in the ice cold creek. nice waterfalls too.

Very very busy on the weekends trail is well worn and great short hike.

Great hike. Trails were well marked (even to the 2nd and 3rd falls). Beautiful views. 2nd and 3rd falls are worth it.

I’ve done this trail many times, never gets old. Good swimming spot in the summer time. Very easy and very pretty.

Great hike. A little difficult for my 76 year old Aunt. A lot of steams to cross. Longer than it says on the sign. Park ranger that we met out there was very nice a

trails are very good, nicely kept up and easy to walk.

Nice moderate hike. Parking area, well marked and maintained trail. The first set of falls was beautiful, but we turned back as it started to rain. You will have to cross a small stream, but that was easy as the rocks were stable and there were a lot of them.

This is a great hike, unfortunately the trailhead is not accessible in the winter unless you want to hike 1.7 miles down a seasonal road first.

Fri Jan 04 2019

Did this hike over the summer with my 10 year old daughter. Spent at least a half day venturing to the falls and a little further up. Well marked trail, some stone jumping if you're up for it. The falls is well worth the hike.

Mon Oct 15 2018

Challenging for 2nd hike of life but definitely worth the effort. Make sure to go to all three falls and bring a camera. We got some great shots. Would like to hike again in summer and get some swimming in the water holes around the falls. Saw eleven people during trip in and out.

Sun Sep 30 2018

A perfect dog hike! My wife, dog and I had a great walk to the waterfalls! Uphill getting there, but worth it. Well marked foot trails. Enjoy!

Tue Sep 25 2018

I got a very late start in the day and was only able to get to the first waterfall before it started getting dark. I'll definitely go back to see the rest...it was beautiful.

Wed Sep 05 2018

Great hike. Beautiful waterfalls. Met a person on the trail that said there wasn’t a second waterfall. There is definitely two. You just need to keep going till you get to the end. Down load the free App called All Trails. Access your map before you head out. You’ll be able to use your map while hiking even though there isn’t any service.

Sun Aug 19 2018

Fun hike especially on a hot day. My daughters loved to swim in each of the three waterfall pools. I agree with those who say it is a good beginner hike to the first waterfall. Gets a bit rocky after that

Fri Aug 03 2018

Beautiful place to hike. Definitely recommend!