Tenant Creek Falls

Tenant Creek Falls is a 4.1 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Northville, New York that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, birding, fishing, and fly fishing and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Did this hike over the summer with my 10 year old daughter. Spent at least a half day venturing to the falls and a little further up. Well marked trail, some stone jumping if you're up for it. The falls is well worth the hike.

Challenging for 2nd hike of life but definitely worth the effort. Make sure to go to all three falls and bring a camera. We got some great shots. Would like to hike again in summer and get some swimming in the water holes around the falls. Saw eleven people during trip in and out.

A perfect dog hike! My wife, dog and I had a great walk to the waterfalls! Uphill getting there, but worth it. Well marked foot trails. Enjoy!

I got a very late start in the day and was only able to get to the first waterfall before it started getting dark. I'll definitely go back to see the rest...it was beautiful.

Great hike. Beautiful waterfalls. Met a person on the trail that said there wasn’t a second waterfall. There is definitely two. You just need to keep going till you get to the end. Down load the free App called All Trails. Access your map before you head out. You’ll be able to use your map while hiking even though there isn’t any service.

Fun hike especially on a hot day. My daughters loved to swim in each of the three waterfall pools. I agree with those who say it is a good beginner hike to the first waterfall. Gets a bit rocky after that

Beautiful place to hike. Definitely recommend!

Nice hike today - temps in the 70's with a slight breeze. It hasn't rained much lately so there wasn't a real lot of water flowing down. Trails were well marked and there were some roots and rocks along the way. Not a lot of others out on the trail - especially to the 2nd & 3rd falls. My Garmin hike app said it was 4.2 miles with an elevation gain of 551 ft. It took us 1 hr and 52 mins to go up and back (not including our breaks). Bugs were not an issue.

Great hike. Perfect day for it. All 3 falls were rushing. Trail was easy to follow. Bugs did swarm if you stopped moving but it's that time of year.

Nice parking area with a little outhouse, trails are well marked ,scenery was great ,total was 5.5 miles

I did this hike with my friend last weekend. I think the mile markers are incorrect. says .9 to the first falls, and 2.1 to the second and third falls. we stayed on the marked trail the entire time, put 8 miles on my fit bit, and never made it to the 2nd or third falls. I would do it again. hoping to make it to the other two falls. the first falls were quite lovely. might be too strenuous for younger children.

Saturday, October 21, 2017

Lots of falls, each one better than the last

Friday, September 22, 2017

Great creek trail with some beautiful views. Would love to do it again during peak leaf season.

Wednesday, August 23, 2017

Great trail to secluded falls 2 mi in. Trail is unmarked for some reason half way to 2nd and 3rd falls. Beautiful hike along the Creek. The frist falls are the best with upper swimming holes and hang out areas when water is lower.

Sunday, August 13, 2017

great hike, well marked up to the first . the trail is easy to follow . The falls were awesome.

Sunday, August 06, 2017

Beautiful place! The trial is a little more difficult to navigate after the first falls, which I agree with previous reviews is by far the most impressive, but it's definitely still worth the effort!

Saturday, July 29, 2017

Great trail, lovely falls. First falls are the nicest, but still worth going further to see the second and third ones. Trail markers become sparse halfway to second falls...but path fairly clear.

Wednesday, July 26, 2017

Love this hike, we do it every year. The new section is still a little rough, but we made it to the 2nd and 3rd falls this year, and it was definately with it.

Monday, July 24, 2017

We had a group of 15 people including 6 kids under age 8. The babies were carried easily on our backs and we had a couple extra carriers for the 4 year olds when their legs got tired. We only went to the first falls but it was a nice hike. We spent some time wading in the cool water before hiking back out. Looking forward to going back to complete the entire hike.

Tuesday, July 18, 2017

Nice trail. We went only to the first fall, it had rained hard last night so the falls were full.

Thursday, July 13, 2017

Nice hike. The first falls is lovely. The trail becomes a bit more challenging heading towards the 2nd and 3rd falls. A bit more technical with rocks and slippery tree limbs, but nothing that isn't easily tackled.

Friday, June 23, 2017

The trail markers got further apart towards the end and I ended up giving up before finding the 2nd or 3rd falls.

Monday, May 01, 2017

Love this spot. Nice payoff at the falls only 1 mile in. Great beginner hike. For those who have done it before, or plan to return, the trailhead has moved and no longer ties into the Wilcox lake trail. The new trailhead is clearly marked and is a few hundred yards before the old trailhead at the dead end. Enjoy!

Saturday, April 29, 2017

Nice short hike. Cool little falls one mile in. Two other falls to see if you keep walking. Trail was a little muddy today but not bad.

Saturday, April 29, 2017

beautiful, peaceful, and serene. the solitude of doing this hike solo gives you a chance to collect your thoughts and reflect.

Tuesday, April 25, 2017

Good trail, but easy is debatable. This trail requires the ability to clime over logs, scale narrow rock sections and maintain good footing. Overall worth the drive, the falls were great yhos time of year.

Wednesday, February 08, 2017

We hiked this trail in mid-October all the way to the third falls. The new trailhead was easy to find and would easily fit a dozen vehicles. However, it's not plowed in the winter; add another mile each way from the snowplow turn around.

The new section of marked trail to the first falls is well laid out and easy to follow. Beyond the first falls, the trail markers cease and it's essentially a heard path that follows the creek upstream. The hike to the second and third falls was relatively straight forward with no major detours. The second and third falls were just as stunning as the first.

Later, we bushwhacked to the ledges on Rand Mt. for some outstanding fall views. The return to the parking lot was an easy downhill walk.