Taughannock Rim Trail

Taughannock Rim Trail is a 2.9 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Ithaca, New York that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Beautiful easy and scenic

Started at the bottom and went up the south rim. Steps weren’t bad at all! Beautiful views, well marked trail. Overall a fun hike!

Love this trail - did this with 3 dogs in August. It was hot and the stairs are killer but will do this again!

This trail is gorge-ous

Hopefully this will be one of many.

We recommend the South Trail, North Rim Trail then the Falls Trail as well. Lots of great views, hot today so we took a lot of water. Lots of areas to sit and rest. Watch the heat folks! There is a lot of shade.

Great views of the gorge and very shaded for hot days.

Hiked the rim trails and the gorge trail on one of the hottest days of the year. Today, the rim trails were not very busy. I recommended starting with the South Rim, then the North Rim and end with the Gorge trail.

While the gorge trail is spectacular, this was the hike I was looking for to get a workout. Yes, it's rated as moderate, but the steps going up (and then coming back down) will challenge those small muscles above your knees! It was a bit disorienting when emerging at the overlook from way above - I wasn't sure where the rim trail picked back up (no signage until you get much closer) but I figured it out - just keep along rim :) A great hike around the gorge, for sure.

Did the South Rim Trail to the Gorge. Good sights from above into the gorge, but inside the gorge is way better.

Great views of the falls, easy hike

Beautiful trail! The gorge trail is a necessary addition in my opinion!

A great place for a Sunday afternoon hike. Saw trillium and jack-in- the-pulpit this afternoon.

Nice long round trip. Added the gorge trail to make the total trip close to 5 Miles. This park is a great mix of good hiking, great views of the gorge and falls, and some touristy park areas if you want to hang out for the day, picnic, swim, etc.

The hardest part is the steps in either direction on the east side as you ascend to the rim. The rest is relatively flat.

Absolutely loved the hike. I just wish I knew what I had gotten myself into originally. Turns out there is a road through the park that will take you down to the base of the waterfall. I started at the top around the Rim and found myself hiking down and THEN traversing across towards the base of the waterfall. Won’t make that mistake twice...

Good for those that want the views as well as a more moderate hike

An absolutely beautiful trail that gives you a great look at the gorges and the falls below. One of my favorite trails!

Monday, October 02, 2017

It’s definitely a decent hike. We started on the North Rim, went to the Gorge Trail. We hiked back up through the Sound Rim trail back to the car. 5.2 miles in total. The views are amazing and there are most definitely smaller and more exciting trails to take.

Tuesday, September 12, 2017

We did the rim trail and then the falls. Beautiful late summer hike, mid 70's, still good water flow over the falls. 5 miles, 2 hours, 1,063 elevation change. One of our favorites!