Tannery Creek Falls (6 falls)

Tannery Creek Falls (6 falls) is a 0.7 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Naples, New York that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking and rock climbing and is best used from June until August.

Distance: 0.7 miles Elevation Gain: 118 feet Route Type: Out & Back

rock climbing

Simply put, You don't expect the beauty from the start. It gets better around every corner. The 50 or so foot waterfall at the end is well worth the creekwalk and mild rope climb

One of my favorite all-time hikes. Some scrambling, some ropes climbing, beautiful waterfalls, hiking along water the whole time, and no one else on the trail. Climbed to the waterfall where you can go behind it, amazing! There was another rope to the left to climb to the next level, but the area behind the falls was very slimy, slippery and footing to access rope looked sketchy. Only negative was that it was too short!

I hiked in early Sept after no heavy rains so I assume water levels were low. Be prepared to get wet. I had waterproof hiking boots and was very glad I did as I still slipped quite a bit. Most of the trail is shale and it's extremely slippery when wet. I did climb the big waterfall to the top and had a foot slip on the way up. I would definitely not recommend trying that without proper footwear or if you're a beginner. Overall it was a beautiful hike, with few other hikers compared to Grimes Glen which was full of people on the same day. Even if you don't scale the big waterfall, it's worth the short hike back to it.

Nice hike back to the 3rd falls. After that there was a pretty steep climb up using a rope to go up. We didn’t feel as if the water shoes we were wearing were safe enough to climb with so we turned back. Very nice up to that point however.

fun little walk.

A good, challenging hike. Be prepared to get your feet wet, and bring bug spray!! We got to the spot where you can walk behind the waterfall and I tapped out... my friend got up top easily enough but had a *really* scary slip on the way down. She said there were beer cans up top, which is sad and scary! I can't imagine anyone trying to do that hike while drinking.

Awesome trail. A mini grimes glen without the crowds or problem parking!

Fun area to scramble around on rocks in the stream and explore!

Not easy to get to. Not much of a trail. I brought water shoes and found it easier to walk through the creek instead of the makeshift trail. But very worth it. The waterfall at the end is so peaceful. You can even walk to the top and walk behind the falls! Was blown away! Saw no one else while hiking. Definitely a hidden gem. Will return soon.

A little tedious at times but not "hard"

I did not wear waterproof shoes so I could not make it as far as I would have liked. The water is your trail basically. It was really cool but you need to wear waterproof shoes!

Wed Sep 05 2018

Did this one with my husband and 9y/o while visiting NY from Baltimore. Great little hike. We loved hiking through the stream. Trekking up the waterfalls was a great change from the hikes we usually do! We did not do the climb after we went behind the waterfall. It was very slippery and didn’t think it was safe for the kid to attempt it.

Sun Sep 02 2018

Beautiful hike I went beyond the top falls probably 6 more above the last is equally as tall I went 1/4 of the way up looks like you could reach the top climbing carefully takes about an hour

Sun Sep 02 2018

went all the way up. amazing

Sat Jun 02 2018

Fantastic. Water was really flowing after the rain. Keep going after the roped falls (where you climb behind the waterfall) and there is one final waterfall about another 300m further along. Count on having to walk in the river though (early June).

Sat Nov 11 2017

Beautiful hike. Empty in November. Icy but worth it for the experienced hiker.

Sat Nov 04 2017

My goal was to see all 6 falls, and we did. Two of us ventured up one of the falls using the ropes that were there, pretty sturdy. Non slip foot wear is essential. November isn't ideal for this hike as the leaves were slippery. Best part is going behind the falls. Not a hike for inexperienced people IMO.

Sun Sep 03 2017

It was quite fun most difficult part is getting by the last water fall once you go under it.

Tue Jun 13 2017

You want good shoes or boots for sure. My husband and I went with just sneakers and were ok but would have been more stable with better footwear. Absolutely beautiful falls and hike. I'm so glad we checked this place out! We are beginners and while this was slightly challenging it was very doable.

Fri Jun 02 2017

I really enjoyed this hike! You will need waterproof boots with grip because when we went it was very slippery and there was places where you had to walk in the water but I think it was just high due to the rain. Once you drive down the road, highway patrol buildings on your left and you can park on the right. Trail head is behind the highway building to the right in the back if you are facing the buildings. Bring bug repellent too! If it was warmer we would have gone for a swim at the high falls!

Wed May 17 2017

Super fun short hike straight up the waterfalls. will go back again.

Thu May 04 2017

Decent falls. It's behind a building.

Sun Sep 04 2016

Not sure if we missed the trail, but it seemed as if there wasn't one. We followed along the creek, some places were very steep but there was rope set up. Definitely a harder trail than I expected but it was BEAUTIFUL. I have a very small dog and he did fine the whole trail, I had to lift and carry him a few times but for the most part, he was fine!

Sun Aug 21 2016

easy climb up but still fun