Tannery Creek Falls (6 falls)

moderateYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray Star(78)
High Tor Wildlife Management Area

Tannery Creek Falls (6 falls) is a 1.1 kilometer moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Naples, New York that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking and rock climbing and is best used from June until August.

Distance: 1.1 km Elevation Gain: 36 m Route Type: Out & Back

rock climbing

This is my new favorite spot! I went a day where it was colder and we hiked up the sides. I can’t wait for the summer where I can walk through the water. I’m not sure if allowed, but I brought my fully trained adventurous dog. she loved it too. We were the only ones there. This seems like such a hidden gem.

Water was high. But with muck boots it was easy to walk through the stream. Falls were beautiful.

Extremely easy and a very short walk! Beautiful along the creek and the waterfall was flowing so nicely. I’ve came to this spot in the winter but thought I was in the wrong place. If you see the sign to the left by the red buildings, it guides you to park on right and go between the buildings to get to the trail!

To much water and to cold to walk in it. Coming back in a warmer day

Simply put, You don't expect the beauty from the start. It gets better around every corner. The 50 or so foot waterfall at the end is well worth the creekwalk and mild rope climb

One of my favorite all-time hikes. Some scrambling, some ropes climbing, beautiful waterfalls, hiking along water the whole time, and no one else on the trail. Climbed to the waterfall where you can go behind it, amazing! There was another rope to the left to climb to the next level, but the area behind the falls was very slimy, slippery and footing to access rope looked sketchy. Only negative was that it was too short!

I hiked in early Sept after no heavy rains so I assume water levels were low. Be prepared to get wet. I had waterproof hiking boots and was very glad I did as I still slipped quite a bit. Most of the trail is shale and it's extremely slippery when wet. I did climb the big waterfall to the top and had a foot slip on the way up. I would definitely not recommend trying that without proper footwear or if you're a beginner. Overall it was a beautiful hike, with few other hikers compared to Grimes Glen which was full of people on the same day. Even if you don't scale the big waterfall, it's worth the short hike back to it.

Nice hike back to the 3rd falls. After that there was a pretty steep climb up using a rope to go up. We didn’t feel as if the water shoes we were wearing were safe enough to climb with so we turned back. Very nice up to that point however.

fun little walk.

A good, challenging hike. Be prepared to get your feet wet, and bring bug spray!! We got to the spot where you can walk behind the waterfall and I tapped out... my friend got up top easily enough but had a *really* scary slip on the way down. She said there were beer cans up top, which is sad and scary! I can't imagine anyone trying to do that hike while drinking.

Awesome trail. A mini grimes glen without the crowds or problem parking!

Fun area to scramble around on rocks in the stream and explore!

Not easy to get to. Not much of a trail. I brought water shoes and found it easier to walk through the creek instead of the makeshift trail. But very worth it. The waterfall at the end is so peaceful. You can even walk to the top and walk behind the falls! Was blown away! Saw no one else while hiking. Definitely a hidden gem. Will return soon.

Tue May 21 2019

A little tedious at times but not "hard"

Thu Apr 18 2019

I did not wear waterproof shoes so I could not make it as far as I would have liked. The water is your trail basically. It was really cool but you need to wear waterproof shoes!

Wed Sep 05 2018

Did this one with my husband and 9y/o while visiting NY from Baltimore. Great little hike. We loved hiking through the stream. Trekking up the waterfalls was a great change from the hikes we usually do! We did not do the climb after we went behind the waterfall. It was very slippery and didn’t think it was safe for the kid to attempt it.

Sun Sep 02 2018

Beautiful hike I went beyond the top falls probably 6 more above the last is equally as tall I went 1/4 of the way up looks like you could reach the top climbing carefully takes about an hour

Sun Sep 02 2018

went all the way up. amazing

Sat Jun 02 2018

Fantastic. Water was really flowing after the rain. Keep going after the roped falls (where you climb behind the waterfall) and there is one final waterfall about another 300m further along. Count on having to walk in the river though (early June).

Sat Nov 11 2017

Beautiful hike. Empty in November. Icy but worth it for the experienced hiker.