My family and I did this hike last week and it was not quite what we were expecting! Be aware that the actual trail to the falls was closed years ago to several deaths at the falls. If you are planning to hike to the bottom of the falls you may want some hiking experience, bushwhacking skills, and access to a GPS or topographical map. The trail to the lake was well marked and fairly easy to traverse. After the lake we had difficulty picking up the trail but were able to do so ( thanks All Trails app!). The trail to the falls was unmarked and difficult to follow, but followed the stream from the lake pretty closely. We arrived at the top of the falls and found it quite startlingly high! It was easy to see why many deadly falls occurred here, the top of the falls is bulbous, in a way that could invite hikers to peer too close. We started to try to make our way to the bottom of the gorge by weaving out around the falls but got nervous and headed back. If you are really set on seeing the full view of the falls then I have heard that there is another unmarked trail that comes in from Mountain Home Road that approaches the falls from the bottom.