Sunken Meadow Creek Trail

Sunken Meadow Creek Trail is a 3.6 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Kings Park, New York that features a river and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking and birding and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

This trail is definitely overgrown in spots and extremely buggy at 730pm in mid July. Only did a quarter of the trail from the secluded entry to the woods. Bugs were brutal although they didn't seem to bug my brave Chi-weenie. Still a decent trail if it wasn't so buggy and was better marked. At times I felt like I was in "The Shire." Probably will go back doused in bug repellent(Off) and with my clippers to make it a little more passable for future hikers.

Not anywhere near the trail on AllTrails.com. That trail would have you in water and marsh. Made our way around. Plenty of wildlife but the insects are brutal. Bring spray and treat before hike. Plenty of ticks. Be warned !!!!! I will try this trail again in colder months. Trail is marked, but not if coming in from field 2. We noticed only on return trip (25A) of the orange markings.

Sunday, March 19, 2017

Lightly used trail that meanders through the woods along the tidal sunken meadow creek. Great spot to see deer and an abundance of ducks and herons. Starts in the park opposite the field two parking lot, on the road to the golf course. Ends along 25a.