Storm King Mountain via Storm King Trail

Storm King Mountain via Storm King Trail is a 2.6 mile heavily trafficked loop trail located near Cornwall, New York that features a river and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until November. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 2.6 miles Elevation Gain: 620 feet Route Type: Loop

Pull off on Northbound side.

great hike. nice views

My favorite short hike outside of NYC. Beautiful views, nice 2.5 mile workout with good incline.

Nice trail and awesome views

good trail with incredible views. going clockwise is the better way to go to avoid going down the steepest scrambles.

Hiked today starting on orange trail to aqua/yellow to white. Many great views, several rock scrambles on beginning of trail. Flatter parts of trail very rocky, bring a walking stick or make your own like I did. The combination of small loose rocks and leaves can be dangwrous. Nice incline to parking lot at the end.

We did the hike clockwise, orange trail to aqua/yellow to white. Two big vertical rock scrambles come quickly on the orange trail. Beautiful views start early and continue throughout the hike. Lots of elevation change make this hike seem a lot longer than 2.6 miles. Took us three hours but we took many breaks and stopped for lots of photos. Don’t pass by any of the views, they are all amazing and most are even better than at the summit. Small parking lot on Rt 9W North. We arrived around 9 am on a Saturday and it was already half full- by the time we left there were cars parked everywhere and all down 9W (which I wouldn’t recommend). Lots of people on this trail, some polite, others needing a lesson on trail etiquette. If you have the opportunity to do it on a weekday take it, or be prepared to come early. Great hike, beautiful views, good challenge, lots of rocks and scrambles.

Great hike with nice views but I recommend coming very early otherwise you will be stuck climbing with many people.

The trail best to take I think goes from white to aqua/yellow to orange in a loop. Great views I think it was hard I did rocky and steep

By Storm King. Rigorous. Beautiful views.

very easy to moderate hike (mainly due to a few steps Rocky slopes) but amazing views. recommended coming in the morning on a weekday so it's not as busy.

good trail, our dog did really well with the terrain.

did the loop clockwise. this hike isnt really that hard imho, dramatic up and down elevation yes but this hike isnt long. like running up and down jagged uneven stairs for an hour. will do again soon.

Quick hike with great views. Went today on a weekday and only saw a few people, which was nice as it gets very crowded on weekends.

Good trail, steep in beginning but not bad at all. Not the best views but good experience.

great place to see the sunrise ❤️

This was a heck of a park. Lots of different trails to follow. Not a lot of people around, at least on a weekday morning. In the five hours I hiked I ran across seven people and they were spread out. Some areas were secluded but I never felt unsafe. I would recommend preparing in advance with maps, or at least paying attention to where you started. I got lost when I was trying to leave. I did eventually make my way to the road near where I was parked but it was a trek. I'd also suggest bringing a hiking pole, since some of the trails can be steep at time. I found a small branch that was of the right thickness and height for me to use as a cane. It helped immensely, especially during those times when I went off trail.

recorded Recording - Sep 11, 07:44 am