Stony Point Trail

Stony Point Trail is a 4.6 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Henderson, New York that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

beach

old growth

I hiked the Snakefoot Trail yesterday. Pretty farmlandlike scenery while walking away from the parking lot towards the lake - amazing views along the lake and even some spots where I was able to go down to the water with my dog. A heads up: there’s no swimming allowed due to the strong current. The walk back along the swampy marshland was a little boring but thankfully no bugs but a lot of pretty butterflies like swallowtails...

Great views of Lake Ontario, and the shore line. The trails are very well maintained. We walked the Snakefoot Trail (about 4.5 miles). Ample parking. Bathrooms at the Visitor Center.

I loved it just wish there was a place to swim too. Fun time with me and my hubby.

loved it! stay on trails near water!

great little hike!

Easy trail with a gorgeous view. My pup and I enjoyed walking along the water. It was clean, fun and peaceful. Bring the right shoes because it was still muddy and wet in some areas.

Well maintained, great views, easy on the joints

Great place to take the dogs! Amazing cliff side views

Lovely easy walk along the cliffs.

Amazing views of the water and a very easy hike. The park was originally used as a dog kennel so there are statues of the famous Elhew Pointers everywhere as well as the kennel itself and a burial site for the dogs. Very nice trip.

Wednesday, August 09, 2017

absolutely loved the peaceful walk through the trail. Extremely Beautiful scenery throughout the hike. We continued on a road beyond the endpoint of the trail, and found a secluded beach that was something out of a movie. Certainly going back this fall!

Sunday, July 23, 2017

We did a few of the trails along the shore, and the bigger one that's 4.5 around. It's very scenic along the lake shore, with cliffs and lots of overlooks. Loved the picnic area to stop and have some lunch! The trails are relatively easy for mountain biking, but it's very humid & hard to breathe on a hot day biking through some of those taller grassy areas so make sure you bring lots of water! There are a lot of wildflower patches filled with butterflies and birds to admire as well.

Saturday, July 15, 2017

Some beautiful views on this easy grassy trail, but there's a sharp drop off into Lake Ontario that I'd be wary of for off leash dogs and small children. 1.5 miles in, there are picnic tables, grills, bathrooms, and steps down to a rocky "beach" area where the waterline is. Directions took me right to the parking lot in Robert Wehle State Park. Would also be good for mountain biking. I recommend bug spray!

Tuesday, July 04, 2017

We were there for the July 4th weekend and I think we were expecting a bit more challenging hike. The trail maps and signs were not well done so it was confusing. We did enjoy the weather.

Friday, May 26, 2017

Nice easy hike. Lots of fossils to be found along the cliffs. One of my pup's favorite hikes.

Saturday, April 29, 2017

Great flat trail with excellent views of Lake Ontario. Wear boots, non gravel trails were muddy or puddling.

Sunday, April 23, 2017

I've been here on and off for a few years. Snakefoot Trail along the water has some very nice views of Lake Ontario and nearby islands. The cliffs drop into the water and is very scenic, especially on a sunny day. The trail is very good for families as it is well kept with very little incline. There's also a protrusion from the cliff which offers a great place for a picnic with awesome views of the lake.

I've never actually followed the trail back into the woods, so I can't comment on that side of the trail, but snakefoot along the lake is well worth it. Also, there is no entry fee whatsoever.

Monday, October 03, 2016

The trek along the cliffs was nice but surprisingly buggy on October 1. Once we turned inland on the Snakefoot trail the scenery became underwhelming. It was easy to traverse and fine for children and older hikers. Hiking boots were still a good idea in a few wet spots.

Thursday, September 08, 2016

This place is called Robert Wehle Park.

Saturday, September 03, 2016

Awesome views. Love the snakefoot trail

Friday, July 15, 2016

Nice easy trail for the kids. Taught them about the invasive species there that seems to be choking out everything. Didn't really see or hear birds the entire walk though..

Saturday, June 18, 2016

Flat, comfortable walk. The breeze off the lake was lovely, and the rocky views were gorgeous. Definitely a trail I'll bring my dogs back to walk on many times.

Monday, May 23, 2016

Easy stroll along the Ontario coast line. Perfect for young kids, dogs, or even older folks who don't get around so well.

Wednesday, May 11, 2016

We love this state park. They have multiple trails, so you can do longer or shorter trips. The view from the picnic area is amazing!! Seeing the pillboxes along the trail was also a treat to see.

Monday, March 21, 2016

Perfect evening hike. This is my go to spot for sunsets. The area is nicely taken care of and really easy to walk for all ages. I recommend taking Snakefoot trail from the parking area out to the first picnic spot.

Sunday, November 08, 2015

Snakefoot trail was AMAZING!!!!

Wednesday, August 19, 2015

Hiked the Snakefoot trail (approx. 4.5 miles) and it was stunning. Beautiful hike along the lake and then through a meadow. Trails are taken care of and are marked well. Dog & family friendly. High recommend it!

Sunday, June 28, 2015

Pretty good hike. I liked the Visitor Center a lot. Great little history of Mr. Wehle. The trail is well maintained, very easy hike. Don't understand why it's labeled as Moderate. Got to hike along the cliff rocks overlooking Lake Ontario, which was awesome. Also great area for the avid bird watchers. Only gripe I had were the dog owners not picking up the manure at the beginning of the trail.

Monday, June 22, 2015

Park is very well kept and awesome view of Lake Ontario. Trails are not difficult and would be great for kids.

Sunday, May 18, 2014

great view of Lake Ontario!