Staten Island Greenbelt Trail

easyYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray Star(157)
Latourette Park

Staten Island Greenbelt Trail is a 3.4 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near New York City, New York that features a great forest setting and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, trail running, and nature trips and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 3.4 miles Elevation Gain: 272 feet Route Type: Loop

I went on the blue trail and came across some ruins. Very cool. It was off the trail and there were many of the same buildings! Anyone know what there were? I would really like to know. Very curious (i added photos for reference) email me please via qwertemmy@gmail.com

Lots of Scarlet Tanagers, one Summer Tanager, Cedar Waxwings, Hooded Warbler

Nice trail. I pushed a Britax B Agile stroller from beginning to end. We walked with 2 other children, 5 and 9 years old, and a 5 month old puppy. The trail had some sections with gravel but it was very compact and easy to push my stroller through it. The trail is wide throughout the majority of it. We enjoyed it very much and plan on taking the other trail towards Latourette Park.

Did the N trail. Easy and quick

Great hike. It was a bit confusing starting from the nature center trail and crossing Meisner Ave and Rockland Ave to get to Moses mountain, but once we figured that out it was a great hike. Definitely will come back to try out different trails.

easy to follow red, white and blue signs on trees. there are restrooms with a little museum with stuffed animals

This beautiful trail is well maintained and we'll marked. You will forget you are in Staten Island while out in the SI Greenbelt. I've seen deer, countless variety of birds, and tons of amazing little creatures. The Greenbelt is my home away from home. ♥️

DEET. Use it. I didn’t have any and I made the mistake of wearing shorts and low socks. I figured, screw it, I came this way for a hike so I’ll do it. About half a mile in I saw grass that came up to my calves so I turned around and went back. I don’t feel like getting lit up by ticks today. I will try this again in the future but more prepared.

Pleasant, easy trail. Aside from a deer sighting, not very exciting, but nice break from the city.

Mon May 27 2019

Took the red trail but never made it to Moses’ Mountain due to confusion with the trail markers. Found ourselves by the golf course still following red markers. Turns out it IS possible to get lost on Staten Island. Nice park and only 30 mins from downtown Brooklyn.

Sat May 25 2019

easy trail with some muddy spots and few ticks

private property
Wed Jan 30 2019

Cool

Sat Nov 17 2018

It is what it is. Fairly nice for being Within the city limits

Mon Nov 05 2018

Wonderful walk in the woods.

Sun Oct 07 2018

The blue and yellow trails are gorgeous, but don't bother with the white trail!

Tue May 08 2018

The map shown is a mix of a few trails, some easier than others. Some of the sections near Rockland Ave are quite hilly and the section going up Mount Moses (the reverse question mark segment) aren't really easy; though I have been up that section with young kids, so it's not extremely hard either. The greenbelt sections south and west of the golf course are very hilly and very scenic, but they're not marked on the app.

Sun Sep 17 2017

Took the lavender, yellow, and green Trails on a walk from High Rock Park to the top of Mount Moses. Overall the trails are very well maintained although the trail maps are a little vague with certain Trails having branches that do not appear to be on the map. The lavender Trail goes around a lake although there is no view of the lake at any point on the trail so I would not say that it is worth it.

Sun Jul 09 2017

New York City's little secret. Great trails and wildlife right in the city's backyard.

Mon Jan 02 2017

This is a great trail to get out in nature in one of the biggest cities in the world. There are several geocaches also.

Mon Aug 15 2016

It was an awesome experience. We took blue trail and tried to cover the whole trail until we came right next to Staten Island expressway after crossing Deer Park... Also found a deer too! :D