Star Field Trail

Star Field Trail is a 4.8 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Cooperstown, New York that features a lake and is rated as difficult. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

old growth

As one of the caretakers for the family that owns the land from county Rt 33 to Chicken farm, they have asked me to post that it is private land and unless you have written permission to please stay off of it. I do not have any info on the land from Chicken Farm to star field. Thank you

We attempted to find the trail but it seemed to only be a four-wheeler trail that went off into the woods...did we miss something?

This is an incredibly easy (very flat; well maintained trail) stroll through the woods that ends at an overgrown field. There is a footpath through the field to a pond, and farther down the footpath are views of Otsego Lake.

We took the pup (he loved it), but make sure dogs are on leash, especially at the beginning of the trail, as it is the K9 training facility for the NY State Troopers.

Great trail! Make sure you enter on Chicken Farm Hill Road. I wouldn't say it's a hard trail by any means. Very leisurely. Trecked on July 31st Sunny and Hot.

I'm covered in mud, my shoes are soaked, and my thighs are aching, but it was an awesome ride out and back with the hill down from chicken farm rd being my favorite part. I wish I was 20ft taller so I could've seen the lake from the field at the end of the trail but it was still an awesome view. Saw another group of mtb riders heading up as we came back!

This is a fantastic gem in Cooperstown. Starting from Chicken Hill Road it is about 2 miles out to the field. A well maintained trail that is not technical and only a couple of moderate elevation changes.

You need to start the hike from Chicken Farm Hill, not County Rt 33. Look for the Trailhead Sign!

why does the sign say "no entry written permission only " ?? should you list this trail if its not open to the public?? Disappointed, drove all the way out here and not able to walk!

Tuesday, October 18, 2016