South Taconic Trail-North

South Taconic Trail-North is a 8.1 mile out and back trail located near Copake Falls, New York that offers scenic views and is rated as difficult. The trail is primarily used for hiking and camping and is accessible year-round.

Directions from Copake Falls, NY: Take County Road 344 east for a mere .7 mile to reach the Bash Bish Falls Trailhead. Follow white blazes uphill across County Road 344.Spotting a vehicle: From Copake Falls, travel Cemetery Road north onto North Mountain Road. Proceed 1.4 miles to Sunset Rock Road on the right. Parking is available about 1 mile down on the right.

Sunday, November 08, 2015

Saturday, August 18, 2012

This trail is worth the effort. The vistas at the top are beautiful. I don't agree with the review below about dogs, however. My dog loves it! Watch out for snakes, though, one of our party claimed he saw a very large rattler.

Friday, March 16, 2012

If you want a butt kicking, I suggest this trail! I wouldn't say bring your dogs or kids, this is a workout going up a large elevation in short time. The top is rewarding, but it definitely leaves you sore, and extremely tired. This was our first hike of the season, and it was well worth it, but I think next time we are going to start off slower.