Smithtown to Sunken Meadow State Park

Smithtown to Sunken Meadow State Park is a 17.6 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Smithtown, New York that features a river and is rated as difficult. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round.

wheelchair friendly

beach

Caleb Smith and sunken meadow are both beautiful parks. The walk weaves in and out of the suburbs a bit but I thoroughly enjoyed this hike :)

beginning of the trail along the pond/creek was nice but not much after that

Saturday, November 05, 2016

Monday, October 17, 2016

I

Wednesday, October 05, 2016

Easy trail with nice views. Good park to bring the family. Came to check out fishing spots on the river but that part of the river is closed off to the public w/o a fishing reservation. Sights include a small lake, some marsh land and small creek. Plenty of birds, waterfowl, and chipmunks.

Monday, July 11, 2016

The greenbelt trail was awesome but a tick landed on mt daughter's leg. Please be careful.

Sunday, July 03, 2016

It was a hot day to

Sunday, July 03, 2016

It was great because it was hard to find our way but still got a great day so hiking is the best hiking place ever by the way be carfull and happy summer thank you for reading my note and also this is the best my 3 kids love this so thank you

Saturday, June 11, 2016

Thursday, May 12, 2016

Wednesday, April 27, 2016

I have not been here since grade school. So yes, it was awhile ago. I was slightly disappointed. I was hoping for more of a nature experience. I wouldn't consider it a good hike to test endurance. Does serve well if your looking for a nice stroll in large open trails with family. I had to circle several times to get my target distance. Park is well kept and trails well marked.

Friday, April 15, 2016

Wednesday, January 13, 2016

Saturday, August 01, 2015

Good LI hike. We've done it twice on weekends and very little traffic.

Saturday, December 27, 2014

Sunday, August 25, 2013

Tuesday, December 06, 2011

It was a nice, m ostly flat trail with views of the water in some areas.