Sky Top Trail

Sky Top Trail is a 1.4 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near New Paltz, New York that features a lake and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from April until October.

Start at Mohonk Mountain House Nordic Center. Take Lake Shore Road (.8km), left onto Forest Drive (1.45km), bear left onto Bridge Road (.48km), bear left up Huguenot Drive (1.77km) back to the Nordic Center. Snow shoes or cross country skis required in Winter.

Some trials are a little difficult for a short while. I start hiking from the bottom entrance for a better workout. Most people travel from the resort but plenty of trails are around if you look.

Great hike
Went with my kids 13 year old and my 1-1/2 year old in his carrier. We started from the visitors center did an 8 mile loop. Beautiful spring weather.

my favorite place because of the rock climbing through the labyrinth. views of the mountain house are spectacular. huge boulders and cliffs are white and great for climbing
I will be back next year

Whether hiking in from the Mohonk Preserve, the MUA, or Mountain House Grounds this is an exciting, challenging, and beautiful hike. The first time I ever completed it was my first weekend of college at SUNY NP back in the fall of 2006 and I'll never get sick of going back.

Sunday, June 12, 2016

Saturday, April 23, 2016

This is an excellent easy scenic carriageway path. Note there are no bicycles allowed on this carriageway!

Saturday, April 23, 2016

Saturday, September 19, 2015

Tuesday, July 07, 2015

Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Great for family with younger kids. Very nice view! My kids (7 and 3) were able to climb up to the Sky Top by themsevles.

Sunday, January 06, 2013