Sky Top Trail

Sky Top Trail is a 1.4 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near New Paltz, New York that features a lake and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from April until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Start at Mohonk Mountain House Nordic Center. Take Lake Shore Road (.8km), left onto Forest Drive (1.45km), bear left onto Bridge Road (.48km), bear left up Huguenot Drive (1.77km) back to the Nordic Center. Snow shoes or cross country skis required in Winter.

Why don't you let people know it's 21$ per person, and a 1,5mile walk to the start? I wanted to take my grandmother there and we were excited.

I absolutely loved it. You Park at the gate house and walk in. Adds about 4 miles to the hike (there and back) but it felt great. Mohonk is beautifully kept. Not strenuous at all, a couple inclines nothing bad. I went nice and early today and I had the hike to myself! It is $21.00 per person but if you have Mohonk Preserve membership it is $10.00

52 $ for parking and 2 people for 40 minutes walk. seriously?

Thought this would be a shorter hike bringing my 6 yr old. Ended up being 6 miles round trip from parking. Very pretty up top though.

Some trials are a little difficult for a short while. I start hiking from the bottom entrance for a better workout. Most people travel from the resort but plenty of trails are around if you look.

Great hike
Went with my kids 13 year old and my 1-1/2 year old in his carrier. We started from the visitors center did an 8 mile loop. Beautiful spring weather.

my favorite place because of the rock climbing through the labyrinth. views of the mountain house are spectacular. huge boulders and cliffs are white and great for climbing
I will be back next year

Tuesday, October 11, 2016

Whether hiking in from the Mohonk Preserve, the MUA, or Mountain House Grounds this is an exciting, challenging, and beautiful hike. The first time I ever completed it was my first weekend of college at SUNY NP back in the fall of 2006 and I'll never get sick of going back.

Wednesday, August 31, 2016