Siamese Ponds Hike

Siamese Ponds Hike is a 13.1 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Indian Lake, New York that features a lake and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until November. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

canoeing

beach

About 4 miles to the Leanto. We stayed there for the weekend. The campsite and leanto had some garbage left behind but we took it out with us and cleaned up the area inside and out. Left a bunch of firewood for the next group. I forgot my fishing pole which I wasn't happy about but I will go back at some point because the fishing looked ok on the river. . Very steep hill on this hike. Didn't make it out to Siamese ponds but I hear it is beautiful.

The trail start out pretty blend with hard wood forest mountain but the scenery get better once you get to the river. The lean to area is nice for an over night I tried fishing the river but with little success, the water was very cold at the end of April.

Sunday, November 29, 2015

As another reviewer stated this hike starts out pretty bland. A few miles in may change your mind. I bring my fly rod in with me and the sight of the East branch of the Sacandaga makes me giddy. The hike takes me about 7 hours of just walking. The pond is beautiful and the bottom was sandy and although I have never swam in it I would guess it is nice. I did run into an exceptionally large black bear, but although we came within 15 yards of each other he didn't seem to care I was there. There is a lean-to and lots of good camping sights.

Monday, October 05, 2015

Sunday, September 06, 2015

Did the first 2 miles and it was real buggy and nothing to see. Maybe on a different day and a little farther in would be more interesting.

Tuesday, December 02, 2014

A tough start and then is very easy after that winds along the East Branch of the Sacandaga to a lean to and large suspension bridge to the trail to Siamese Ponds. Tenting sites all around the ponds.

Friday, November 25, 2011

This hike is about 6 miles. At first the trail is short up hill followed by a moderate down hill for about a mile. Then the trail meanders along the river up hill and down, with several stream crossings and then at the leanto where the trail splits, you cross a bridge over the river and begin a up hill for about a mile ending at the lower Siamese pond. There are several camping sites around the lower pond and a very nice site between the upper and lower ponds near the out flow of the upper pond. This a moderately difficult hike but very well worth the trip. And the fishing is great!