Severence Mountain

Severence Mountain is a 2.4 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Schroon Lake, New York that features a great forest setting and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking and is best used from April until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Good hike. Easy enough even for my 7 and 9 year old. Nice views at the top.

This is a quick hike up and down. The tunnels under the highway are pretty cool. When you get to the lookout point at the top continue another 100 yards to get another clearing.

Great Trail! Even though there were a few steep sections, it was a very easy hike. Great views of the Schroon Lake Region from the summit.

The trail entrance is off of Route 9. The directions from this website are misleading

The trail is in outstanding condition. A short hike delivers gorgeous views. Don't forget to take the short spur to the second overlook over Lake Paradox.

Nice, short hike that became steep at times but fun with beautiful views of Schroon Lake.

Great hike! Some areas were challenging but overall a fun heat pumping hike! The views from the summit were outstanding! Very dog friendly as well!

Beautiful views of Schroon Lake from the top.

My husband and I did this hike in June and enjoyed it! The trail is interesting and well maintained. In the beginning you start out by going through two tunnels under the highway, very cool! We only saw a few other people on a nice Sunday morning and there is ample parking. The only problem was the bugs - the mosquitoes nearly ate us alive. As long as I remembered to pack bug spray, I would do this hike again.

Great quick hike that’ll get your heart rate up and then reward you with a beautiful view

Absolutely beautiful views overlooking Schroon Lake! There’re some pretty steep patches, but completely worth the work for the view

This is a short hike with some steep and rocky spots, but the views from the top definitely make up for the bit of work it takes to get there. the trail is one of the easier ones to follow that I have hiked in the Adirondacks. Nice and wide and well marked

Friday, October 13, 2017

Well Maintained trail

Wednesday, September 13, 2017

Nice, short hike with some steep spots, trail is well-marked and maintained. I was up and down in under an hour, view of Schroon Lake and Pharoah Mountain area is nice.

Tuesday, August 29, 2017

Great view of Schroon Lake from the top. Took our dog.

Thursday, August 10, 2017

A nice and easy family hike with a pretty view but definitely bring the bug spray- the mosquitoes were relentless.

Tuesday, August 08, 2017

It took us about 40 minutes to reach the top. It's fairly steep at times and you'll want to bring bug spray. The view over Schroon Lake is worth the time and energy.

Tuesday, July 04, 2017

SUPER BUGGY! These jerks bit through my clothing so really douse yourself.
Otherwise this is an excellent trail for young children because it's not too hard and there are no scary precipices for them to fall off. My 3yo did the entire trip down on his own. Beautiful views from the top.

Monday, July 03, 2017

buggy...quick hike...couple nice views

Sunday, June 25, 2017

Nice trail, about an hour round trip, lots of mosquitoes so bring bug spray. 2nd time up and out.

Monday, June 05, 2017

My husband I stayed at the Maple Leaf last summer. Severance was our warm up hike. Got to the top early in the am for some great views.

Monday, May 29, 2017

Very buggy but Nice hike.

Tuesday, November 29, 2016

Short and sweet
Easy terrain
Great views

Friday, October 21, 2016

Cool veiw of the surrounding lakes. Nice and easy well marked trail takes you all the way up. I went with my grand ma and we had an awesome time .

Sunday, October 09, 2016

Nice view

Saturday, September 17, 2016

This was a nice short hike, a little steep in a couple spots but not difficult at all. The view of the lakes was very nice. Easy trailhead to find and ample parking. Would recommend to anyone. Took less than an hour up and down.

Saturday, September 03, 2016

Great hike with awesome views!

Friday, September 02, 2016

Great trail BUT it's a good 1.7 miles UP & then you come back down the same way so..... Don't be fooled. The view was beautiful, wish we knew actually how far it was and we would have brought a picnic. Our dogs loved it

Sunday, August 28, 2016

Great hike did it in 2015 with my husband who carried our son on his back the whole way. The trail was very smooth sailing and had a breathtaking view.

Thursday, August 18, 2016

Great parking available at the trail entrance! A relatively quick hike up to the top . A little steep in a few areas, but it is definitely doable. Pack a lunch! Fantastic views of Schroon and Paradox lake's ; as well as mountains to the east !