Severence Mountain

Severence Mountain is a 2.4 mile out and back trail located near Schroon Lake, New York that offers scenic views. The trail is rated as moderate and primarily used for hiking. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

This is a short hike with some steep and rocky spots, but the views from the top definitely make up for the bit of work it takes to get there. the trail is one of the easier ones to follow that I have hiked in the Adirondacks. Nice and wide and well marked

Well Maintained trail

Nice, short hike with some steep spots, trail is well-marked and maintained. I was up and down in under an hour, view of Schroon Lake and Pharoah Mountain area is nice.

Great view of Schroon Lake from the top. Took our dog.

It took us about 40 minutes to reach the top. It's fairly steep at times and you'll want to bring bug spray. The view over Schroon Lake is worth the time and energy.

SUPER BUGGY! These jerks bit through my clothing so really douse yourself.
Otherwise this is an excellent trail for young children because it's not too hard and there are no scary precipices for them to fall off. My 3yo did the entire trip down on his own. Beautiful views from the top.

buggy...quick hike...couple nice views

Nice trail, about an hour round trip, lots of mosquitoes so bring bug spray. 2nd time up and out.

My husband I stayed at the Maple Leaf last summer. Severance was our warm up hike. Got to the top early in the am for some great views.

Very buggy but Nice hike.

Tuesday, November 29, 2016

Short and sweet
Easy terrain
Great views

Friday, October 21, 2016

Cool veiw of the surrounding lakes. Nice and easy well marked trail takes you all the way up. I went with my grand ma and we had an awesome time .

Sunday, October 09, 2016

Nice view

Saturday, September 17, 2016

This was a nice short hike, a little steep in a couple spots but not difficult at all. The view of the lakes was very nice. Easy trailhead to find and ample parking. Would recommend to anyone. Took less than an hour up and down.

geocaching
Saturday, September 03, 2016

Great hike with awesome views!

Friday, September 02, 2016

Great trail BUT it's a good 1.7 miles UP & then you come back down the same way so..... Don't be fooled. The view was beautiful, wish we knew actually how far it was and we would have brought a picnic. Our dogs loved it

Sunday, August 28, 2016

Great hike did it in 2015 with my husband who carried our son on his back the whole way. The trail was very smooth sailing and had a breathtaking view.

Thursday, August 18, 2016

Great parking available at the trail entrance! A relatively quick hike up to the top . A little steep in a few areas, but it is definitely doable. Pack a lunch! Fantastic views of Schroon and Paradox lake's ; as well as mountains to the east !

Tuesday, August 02, 2016

Great trail for a short hike. We have two Bulldogs so it was an easy one for them.

Monday, May 23, 2016