Schunemunk Sweet Clover Trail

Schunemunk Sweet Clover Trail is a 6.9 mile loop trail located near New Windsor, New York that offers the chance to see wildlife and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking and is best used from April until October.

Wonderful trail, steep and more difficult than moderate in my opinion. Views at the top are gorgeous!

Schunemunk Mtn is amazing! I took the Sweet Clover trail and it was a strenuous hike! About a mile into the hike the trail becomes very steep and rocky. I also saw two snakes on the trail. Also, the railroad tracks are ACTIVE Metro North tracks, so use caution when crossing them!

This is one of the highest peak in the Orange County ny

can't say enough about how much i love this trail. nice climb, gorgeous ledges, expansive views, varied terrain, cool megaliths, funky alpine shrubbery. i do a lot of hiking in new hampshire, and this is very reminiscent of that area- for a hike that's only an hour from NYC, this one hands-down cannot be beat. my absolute go-to hike when i'm in the area.

One of my very favorites. Very run-able. Do not miss the megaliths.

Fantastic views, waterfalls, streams; this hike has it all. There are a few times when you may get off trail so keep an eye on the markers. Wear good boots for water crossings and rocky inclines.

I would rate this a little tougher than moderate, great views, water falls, maybe there's another trail that is easier , but for the most part it was fun and different, 9.5 miles by the time we were done.

I started on the Trestle Trail on Otterkill Rd and this was my first ever hike on a mountain. I went in excited and came back absolutely battered. The views at the top are amazing but I WARN you that if you are a out of shape beginner like me, start at an easier mountain. There were lots and lots of climbing, rock scrambling and some steep descents here as I unwittingly had to explore a lot more of the trails then I intended. Trails are marked but be aware at some intersections. You can miss a trail marking easily at some points. Definitely bring a trail map. I got lost twice and had a long grueling hike back to the car. If your a fit person this place will be an awesome adventure. Overall Schunemunk mountain is amazing and as you head further up towards the summit the views just gets better and better. Bring lots of water and be ready for a workout!