Learn more

Sanders Preserve Trail is a 4.1 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Schenectady, New York that features a waterfall and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 4.1 miles Elevation Gain: 603 feet Route Type: Loop

Sanders Preserve is a loop trail located near Schenectady, New York that features a waterfall and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

This trail was super overgrown, not marked very well, muddy, buggy, and boring.

Stream is almost dried up. Really steep part past bench .

The loop was full of bugs with a large amount of spiderwebs blocking the path. Would not visit again.

Had a great time. Trails aren't marked well. We had to use All Trail app to get back on the correct trail twice.

Wife and I Hiked here today. Ended up going about 2.5 miles. Couple of muddy sections, but nothing we couldn't get around without any issues. (Our muck boots came in really handy). Fun hike, Look forward to going back soon!

Personally, I Loved this trail. Maybe I chose a good day because it hasn’t rained and I only did the straight trail. if you look at the map there’s a straight shot, I did that part. Just because it’s straight it doesn’t mean it’s easy. I would rate this trail MODERATE, def not easy. So from the start you kind of go downhill, I walked that, it took me 30 minutes. At the bottom there’s a creek I turned around and ran back, because it was uphill it took me another 30 minutes. This trail is a well beaten path it’s not like you’re running through the wilderness , it is very nice, although the trail has a lot of rocks and branches on the ground, I would definitely be careful if you are running. I would definitely not recommend this trail for strollers or toddlers. And I don’t feel like I’m being an overprotective mother there are some places where it’s so steep, I’m gonna try to post some pictures but it doesn’t do it justice. I think the locals know that this is not a place for strollers because I saw a lot of people on the street with strollers. On the trail i ran into no one. For a good glute workout, highly recommend, leave the little ones at home.

will not do this one again. it was like walking through a steam the whole way there and back ugh

Parts of the trail I was on looked like it hasn’t been used in years. If it weren’t for the trail markers I would’ve thought differently. Very muddy and buggy. Needs to be cleaned up

Hard to follow trails

Extremely muddy and not well marked.

Hiked with Dan and Sammy. Muddy. Shitty trails. Trail marker make no sense...many trails have several markers of different colors on them.