Sam's Point Overlook to Ice Cave Loop

Sam's Point Overlook to Ice Cave Loop is a 3.3 mile loop trail located near Ellenville, New York that features a great forest setting. The trail is rated as moderate and primarily used for hiking, walking, trail running, and nature trips. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

32 minutes ago

Easy walk. I had my 9yo and 3yo kids with me. They loved it. Views from the top are beautiful. Went to the overlook and back the way we came.

I'd say this is an easy trail. It's a nice view from the overlook but the ice caves are the coolest part. Since it's easy, it's going to be more crowded. There's also a fee.

One of the more boring and uneventful trails I've been on. 10 bucks to park and go there and the loop is so lame. You're literally walking on a service road to/from radio towers. Save the money. Not worth the trip.

Ice cave was the best part!!! I mean the views are super but the caves are pretty sweet...

Added the walk around Lake Maratanz.

Not exactly what I was expecting. Tons of Monarch Butterflies and bumblebees which was nice to see.

Sunday, November 06, 2016