Saint Regis Mountain Trail

Saint Regis Mountain Trail is a 6.2 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Santa Clara, New York that features a river and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

A relatively easy hike that is fairly level for the first 2 miles and then slowly begins to climb. It maintains a moderate grade until the last .3 where some steep sections are encountered but nothing too difficult and no challenging scrambles. Demanding in the springtime from the melting snow, mud and leftover snow - very rocky, lots of mud and washed out areas of the trail. The summit is wide open and the views are great.

Great hike with beautiful views from the top. The bottom 2/3 has a gentile grade. The top gets quite steep. It was quite muddy, but all in all, a really nice hike and for someone who is in good shape but doesn’t do that much hiking, a very manageable and enjoyable trail.

we went yesterday. ..quite muddy in spots towards the top...I was worried about coming down but it was better than I expected. ...we are not experienced hikers...but a great challenge. ..over cast at the top....very windy, but beautiful. ..definitely going again next year

Great hike. Lousy weather but the view is suppose to awesome.

St Regis - 6th and final mountain - Day 3 of the Saranac Lake 6er Challenge - I'm glad I saved this one for last. Very enjoyable and fairly easy trek to the summit. Trail head to summit 1 hr 30 minutes - moderate pace. Trail is well marked, rolling hills, forest and lush canopy and one steep section as you approach the top, but nothing like the boulder staircase at Apersand Mtn. Nice views at the top especially from the restored fire tower. Thank you Friends of the St Regis Fire Tower for all your labor and time to restore the fire tower for others to enjoy - www.friendsofstregis.org/ - Yahoo!!!!! 6 mountains in 3 days and the Saranac Lake 6ers Challenge is complete -time to head back into town to ring the bell at Berkeley Green, drop off my paperwork and money to the Village Clerk's office to have mailed to me my certificate and registration number, patch and sticker - www.saranaclake6er.com Thank you Saranac Lake for being such a nice host city during my 3 day stay.

It was a bitch in the rain but I did it! Very steep in many parts and, for me, an avid walker but novice hiker, it was hard. Glad I had friends to give a hand at times and a trekking pole, especially for the decent. The trail had turned into a stream by then. I can't wait to go back next year in better shape and hike in great weather so I can actually see something when I reach the top!

Great hike! The views were amazing, and adding the view from the fire tower and you have an excellent hike! Took my dad and I about 4.5 hours round trip, with a half hour at the top included.

My advice is be careful when coming down that you follow the trail. We didn't realized we had strayed off, only a tad, and we realized it very quickly, we were able to hop back on the trail. There were paths others had made and we simply followed them, not realizing they weren't the correct path. The path is generally well marked with trail markers and a few larger arrow signs, but right when you come down, past the small amounts of rock scrambles, you can miss the actual trail.