Rocky Point Trail

Rocky Point Trail is a 10.4 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Rocky Point, New York that features beautiful wild flowers and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

As a hiking trail, this is just OK. The terrain is pretty even, the woods are quiet, and the wildlife is abundant--but this trail is owned by mountain bikers. A fine crew but a fast one, which requires that you pay attention to who/what's coming up behind you.

I got a solid 8 miles out of this park by setting off at the trailhead and linking up with the series of foot paths that start about a 1/2 mile in. I went from the blue trail to the yellow to the red to make a big loop that made the most of this pine barren park, while avoiding/not inconveniencing the bikers. If you follow my advice, keep an eye on your GPS as you approach the connections to the other colored trails. They can be easy to miss.

Set out early! I started at 5:30am and was the only person around. When I existed the wood around 9am the lot was completely full.

Along the way, I startled a few deer, found a turtle eating a mushroom on the trail, spotted a slew of birds, and past a bunch of knee high anthills.

It was my first time Mountain biking and I loved it! Can't wait to do it again

A great 9.5 mile loop! Very well marked, (a couple of tricky spots, but nothing serious) excellent single track. For the most part it is fairly flat except for one hill. There is never really anyone else out there. I have ran it many many times now and will continue to do so. Trails are buffed out, no roots or rocks. Just watch out for chiggers and ticks in the summer time. Spray bug spray all over socks, sneakers, legs and the rest of your body. Got a bad case of chiggers when I didn't spray myself in August. Otherwise, you should be good. No hiking/running in January, firearm hunting season

Theres a sign at the beginning that says something like "hunting permitted from October to April". Really? An environmental conservation area where people hike and bicycle is also a hunting ground? Yes, some of the trail markers and signs are blasted with buckshot holes. But as a biking trail, it's enjoyable. Probably a lot more adrenaline inducing after October 1st though, when some kid with a 20 gauge shot gun could mistake you for a deer. I'd go again.

Tuesday, August 09, 2016

Friday, August 05, 2016

Friday, July 08, 2016

Tuesday, June 28, 2016

Sunday, June 05, 2016

Saturday, March 26, 2016

I would never consider this a moderate trail -- it is flat and easy. There are lots of small, inconspicuous, as well as major trails off the trail shown on this app. They are fun and circuitous, but I would recommend a GPS if you are going to try this, as the area is large and you could get lost.

Sunday, January 17, 2016

Wednesday, December 02, 2015

great trail, I've done is many many times ,,great combination of hills it could be as hard or as easy as you wanted to be... hiking trails throughout