Rocky Mountain Summit

Rocky Mountain Summit is a 1 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Inlet, New York that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is best used from May until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

A short, but demanding hike up to one of the better views of the Fulton Chain Lakes. Rocky Mountain may be a short hike, but the view will keep you there for hours! Just minutes from downtown Inlet, NY. The summit of Rocky Mountain overlooks 4th Lake of the Fulton Chain Lakes as well as the hamlet of Eagle Bay. This is one of the best views of the lake, as the summit is on the western side of the lake.

Great trail. Short, a bit steep at times but I my 3yo did it while holding my hand. Can get pretty slick in the rain. Go early to beat the crowds but there is actually plenty of room on the trail.

This is one of those bast bang for your buck kinda hikes. Unfortunately the trail is not maintained and people looking for alternative routes around the scrambles have really done great damage to the area. The trail has now become too wide. they should increase the trail markers to make people aware where the trail is as well as delineate the alternative route around the scrambles so there are not more than one. other than that, the views of Fourth Lake are awesome!

had to give it 5 stars. it was the 2017 solar eclipse so my son and i hiked this very short trail and very steep. for any photographers you should consider this mountain, it may have heavy traffic of people but wow the view is amazing.

Great short hike! Perfect for little ones. Hiked with 6 kids, ages ranging from 7yr to 5mo.

Short, rugged hike with a spectacular view of fourth lake

Great quick hike with a great view!

Hiked this with my DH today. Short and steep but there were pleasant wildflowers near the top and a decent view. A good hike if you want a good exercise on the calves! :-P

I hiked Black Bear first then hit Rocky. Glad I saved the much better view from this short, steep hike for last great place to enjoy a lunch and a view

Short. A little steep in a couple spots. Awesome, open view of the lake at the top. I imagine this would be a great family hike. We saw a lot of children and dogs on the trail. Also great if you're looking to just get a quick hike in. Black Bear Mtn trail is right next to it if you want to make a day of hiking.

A very short, very easy hike with a great view. The summit is large and offers what appear to be totally different views than bald mountain which is only a few miles away. This is a very easy hike for a family with young children.

Very icy but anything more than microspikes might be overkill. Winter ascent took 24 mins. Great views with minimal effort.

great hike for kids

Very short, but a beautiful view at the top. Great for beginners!

Incredible views, totally worth the climb.

This trail has huge rewards for little work. Short but slightly steep climb through a pretty forest. When you see the cool looking uprooted tree, you're almost there. The view was so amazing, I decided to wait it out until dusk and catch the sunset. Totally worth it. I had two flashlights with me and made it down in the dark, no problem. Quick hike but you'll want to stay at the summit all day.

Done before, but was doing Black Bear, so I did this since they share a trail parking lot. Great views as always, quick but very steep hike. Took me about 20 minutes to get the top. Trail isn't marked the best, I mean, it's pretty straight forward, you go up or you go down, but it would be nice if there were more markers, it seems like the trail was really wide at some places.

Nice trail. Steep all the way. Took me 20 min. Nice views.

Really awesome! Made it up in less than 15

Friday, July 21, 2017

A very steep half mile up to an absolutely breathtaking view of Inlet and Fourth Lake. The sunset was gorgeous. Trail is very wide and multiple paths can be taken. Very muddy and sign for trail is missing from the post.

Monday, July 17, 2017

Markers were a little hard to find for a short while, but great hike for our little family of three. Wonderful view at the top!

Friday, June 09, 2017

Favorite of the Fulton Chain Trifecta. The Summit views are amazing.

Monday, June 05, 2017

As some others have said, trail is steep and currently muddy. Markers are fairly well placed, but path is quite wide. I would not do this peak again with my 4.75yr strapped to my back. Bad call on my part (extra 48lbs on my back). Pushing for two today, should have called it when he got tired. Made it, 4.75 loved the ride up and the views. No one else on the trail, lot was empty when we headed up and still when we returned. Couldn't locate the USGS marker, was a bit disappointed in that. Also of interest, the trailhead sign is missing. Peak two for the Fulton Chain.

Saturday, June 03, 2017

Great view at the summit! Trail was short but steep, a little vague at times. All in all, a must do!

Sunday, May 21, 2017

Pretty buggy in spring/ early summer, much better after the black flies have gone

Tuesday, May 16, 2017

quick little trail, completed before black bear. slightly muddy, rock scramble in one spot that i had to haul my border collie up, and not very well marked.

Saturday, May 13, 2017

a short hike but very steep. i did it in the rain where it was very slippery and fell. tip: take your time and don't rush! brought my dog and she had a blast. view at the top is great.

Saturday, April 29, 2017

This was a quick hike that led to nice views of lakes. The summit was windy but enjoyable.

Wednesday, April 26, 2017

Quick little hike with my 2 & 4 year old boys! They had a blast!

Sunday, October 16, 2016

Great hike! Not long of a hike like it's brother Black Bear Mountain. The View is so much worth it. Beautiful view over all of Inlet

Saturday, October 15, 2016

Fairly steep in a few spots. The view at the summit is spectacular.