Remsen Falls

Remsen Falls is a 6.9 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Webb, New York that features a waterfall and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is best used from April until September. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

This is accurately listed as an easy hike! The trail is basically a logging/tractor path through the woods, not rocky or muddy at all and mostly flat. The falls area is very nice and you can hang out on the rocks in the river to feel up close and personal with the waterfall (more like a river rapids section the day i was there).

Completed trail on 7/21/18. Nice Hike, more of just a casual walk although it is a long walk. Walked trail out and road back. If you don't want the long walk but want to enjoy the river and what it has to offer, drive on the road (crushed stone) back to the trail and walk down. It's a much shorter distance. Maybe 2/3 of a mile. There is an outhouse (Brink your own TP) and a picnic table. Once you reach the picnic table by the river, don't think you have reached the falls area. Keep walking downstream maybe another 3-4 hundred yards. If you have hiked out to the river from the trail head, be careful of taking the road back to the trail head, it is tough on the feet and much longer, hillier walk than expected.

We enjoyed our day. Trail isn't very exciting. But it was a great day to spend with my family none the less. I would recommend it for a family home that isn't to hard. But that's about it.

Tuesday, August 01, 2017

I didn't care to much for the over grown grass on the trail. once we broke away from that to go on to another trail it was fine. The water we took a break at and took pics, it was very pretty. We did 10 miles here. I had 3 kids and 2 dogs with me, pretty easy trail.