Reist Sanctuary Yellow Trail Loop

Reist Sanctuary Yellow Trail Loop is a 1.4 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Hawthorne Hill, New York that offers the chance to see wildlife. The trail is good for all skill levels and primarily used for hiking. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

I'm not usually one to complain about bugs when I'm outside, where most bugs do live, but this place was seriously buggy. I also brought along my small dog and she had a blast and loved it, though there was some Glass on the blue trail so I had to carry her a bit and also some of the boards on the bridges were spaced pretty widely and I had to carry her across so she wouldn't hurt herself. Otherwise an easy, pleasant walk.

I hiked this trail this afternoon with my daughter, It was a great, flat trail with several bridges over the wet spots. It took us about an hour to hike the yellow, blue and red trail loop from the Oakmont St. trailhead. There was no snow or ice in the woods and we had a great time looking at woodpecker holes and climbing ancient sand dunes. The highlight was seeing eleven deer run by us just before we came back to the parking area,. My daughter was thrilled.