Reeves Brook Loop Trail

Reeves Brook Loop Trail is a 3.8 mile heavily trafficked loop trail located near Sloatsburg, New York that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking and nature trips and is best used from March until November. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Distance: 3.8 miles Elevation Gain: 882 feet Route Type: Loop

cave

The Trailhead is at Reeves Meadow. Reeves Brook trail offers gorgeous streams and waterfalls to Raccoon Brook Hills where you''ll meet rock scrambles and nice views. There are great views up to the Russian Bear cliff.

recorded Recording - Aug 17, 02:18 PM

This was a fun trail with some challenging rock scrambles (for the kids 6 & 8). A previous review recommended starting counter clockwise, and I thought it was great advice. We will definitely come back here again.

bridge out

We went off the trail we chose for a longer trip. Overall really nice hike. Very moderate.

We went for a quick hike here and loved it. Trail is a bit rocky so keep that in mind. Make sure you carry some bug spray. We went with our toddler and had a hiking backpack so carried her on our back but it’s not easy for toddlers to walk on. 4 years and above should be ok. Highly recommend.

Went on a Monday afternoon, and it was wonderful! Counterclockwise is definitely the way to go, and you get to walk along the river towards the end, which makes for a nice cool-down. The views were great as well! The whole hike took me (22), my sister (17), and my mother (52) just about three hours, but we stopped often and spent a good amount of time at the top of the mountain. Would recommend this loop!!

Definitely bring the bug spray. Grippy hiking shoes are a good idea for the rock scramble. Counter-clockwise was the right move. Quiet hike with not too many people.

I found this trail pretty challenging. Lots of rocks and boulders to climb! Ended up going off trail a bit so we hiked a bit further. Mostly shaded which is nice on a hot summers day!

As a beginner, this trail was not too shabby. There were a couple of steep hills, but it was completely doable. The views were amazing! The rock scramble scared me at first, but it was not as bad as it seemed. Having my best friends there, my dogs Rico and Milo, made all so much better!

Really fun trail for a Sunday hike! Took the suggestions of others - definitely go counter-clockwise! Some of the rocky climbs would have been much more difficult going down. Passed few people until we got toward the end, where there were much more.

After following the suggestions of previous hikers, my friend and I hiked the trail in the reverse direction, blue to the top, right on orange, just to the scenic overlooks, then backtracked to the blue, took it across the top of the Torne, to the white trail, and back down to the Reeves Meadow information center. It was wonderful! I'm not in the greatest shape so if you are it probably won't take you the 5 hours it took us, with breaks. There's very little water in the stream, so don't go for that...

Trail well marked. Pretty streams and woods with cute little bridges over the stream Very relaxing would do it again. Pretty view from the peak. Highly recommend it

private property

One of the patches is too thought to climb down or up with a kid. But otherwise a great hike. The hike is 6.5 mile. Not 3.5.

Beautiful trail! I loved it. Very quiet and peaceful. A combination of gorgeous views, shady streams, little waterfalls and rushing river. Went counter clockwise and most of the trail was rocky but fairly easy except for one very steep rock scramble up. Would definitely suggest going counter clockwise on this loop.