Reeves Brook Loop Trail

Reeves Brook Loop Trail is a 3.8 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Sloatsburg, New York that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and backpacking and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

cave

The Trailhead is at Reeves Meadow. Reeves Brook trail offers gorgeous streams and waterfalls to Raccoon Brook Hills where you'll meet rock scrambles and nice views. There are great views up to the Russian Bear cliff.

Loved that it wasn’t crowded. Esp for A Saturday :) Serene afternoon day hike #twothumbsup☮️

We enjoyed it. Did with 2 children - 7 and 4 yrs old - and a small dog. The dog needed to be carried in a backpack for the Blue part of the trail and 4 yr old was exhausted by the end. Took us 4 hours. I recommend doing in reverse so you do the steep part up (white) in the beginning and go UP the rock scramble (blue), not down. Note when you switch to the orange trail from blue it's not well marked. We had to guess based on the map and go down a ways to see the marker.

Perfect outing with two adventurous, athletic kids. It was a long walk for the 8yo, but she didn’t get overtired until the very end. All the rock-scrambling and waterfalls kept her happily engaged. We did it clockwise and took out time, stopping to snack a few times and wander off trail a bit. It was about a 3.5 hour endeavor. Highly recommend!

Great trail and lots of shade!

Very nice walk. Ripe blueberries at the top (in July), beautiful wide vistas and one cool rock face that has to be climbed (its easy though). The loop misses the "Cascade of slid," but only by a 100 feet or so, make a left at the Red-Orange junction and check it out before continuing on the red/orange (opposite direction).

My wife and I came in late around 1pm and took us a while to find a parking place.
The trail is a bit challenging and was planning 2-3 hours while it ended up with over 4. But we had lots of fun.

Follow the red, then orange, then blue, then white trail markers for this loop. Nice views at the top, but there were definitely some parts of the trail where it was so narrow or grown over that it was hard to find. If we weren’t tracking our path against the trail on the app, I’m not sure we would have been able to find it a couple times or know that we had taken a wrong turn. There was also some pretty steep rock scaling on the way down that our dog (ok and me!) had a slightly tough time with.

Lots of shade.

Its a nice trail. We started with red to orange which goes parallel to the river and no viewing points. By the end of red we gain elevation. It gets tricky on the hill top, the trails are marked but not evidently seen so make sure to search for trail markings. The blue stretch is the best it has around 4 viewing points a rocky and steep stretch which is fun!!

Lots of rocks, running water, great viewpoints...I had a blast! I only regret forgetting my bug spray.

Amazing trail. Wit took 2 hours and 45 minutes to do on a very hot date. Wear hiking boots - a lot of climbing and a lot of rocks. Hiking boots will make a difference.

Beautiful and relaxing as far as hikes go. It can be very busy which is downside for me. I prefer to go here in spring and fall on weekdays to avoid the huge crowds. Expect to encounter groups of a dozen or more on weekends.

On another note - I have gotten VERY lost here off this trail. 7pm, sun setting, no water, no working phones, 3 people and 2 dehydrated dogs. We ended up clocking close to 16 miles by the time we got back. If we did not happen to run into the only person we saw on the trail for over 2 hours, I might still be out there. Please do yourself a favor and make sure your phone is charged, charged external charger and you bring 2 liters of water minimum and you bring a compass.

Took white to blue to orange to red. 3 hours. Fun hike with nice climbs, viewpoints, plenty of running water for the dog to play in. Parts of the trail at the high point of the white were not marked well.

Although we've been there on a rainy day, it was worth going. Amazing views, beautiful trail. Seemed more challenging because of the inscects. Take a mosquito spray with you! Otherwise you'll have to run that trail ;)
We've started at visitor's center ( limited space to park a car) with a red trail. Then blue,orange and white. Have fun!

We followed the advise of others and started with the white to blue trail and ended with .3 miles on the red path back to the parking lot. Roughly 4 miles- first 2 miles were a lot of fun- lots of scrambling and rocky terrain (wear comfy shoes). Second half was much flatter and a little boring - thus 4 rating instead of 5. Took us 3 hours with water breaks.

The first two miles- I would say the trail we took was on the high end of “moderate” and last two miles were “easy”.

Parking lot is tiny- we got there early and was fortunate enough to get one of the few spots at the visitor center. When we left, cars were lined on the side of the road for at least .5 miles in both directions.

Awesome hike! My friend and I did white with blue dot to orange to white mark. Almost got lost within due to lack of signs and narrow paths but thanks to the recordings that we were able to stay on track. So the recordings really help.

There’re little signal throughout but when your on top there’s signal.

Overall, I’d rate it 5/5. Definitely worth hiking!

Great hike! We did the reverse way and highly recommend it. It was a good challenge at the rock scramble in the beginning and the walk down was a good cool down. An adult deer ran right past us which was cool. The flies were a little annoying, I would say bring bug spray. The path does get muddy in some areas, too.

Really good trial. We started from white and finish on red as other suggested.
Parking is very small but you can park on the side of the road. There was a lot of cars on Saturday but not many people on trail.
Take a bug spray!

Love this place!

Great trail to hit. Make sure you go during the week because parking is impossible on weekends. We took the white trail then when to the blue trail (white w blue dot) and finally finished on the red trail (white w red dot).

We took the route starting with the red trail blaze (edge of the parking area behind the restrooms) then followed that to the white. We went counterclockwise and followed the white, to blue, to orange, to red. This led us up the rock scramble- which seemed safer than climbing down. View from the top was expansive and so worth the climb! Really enjoyed this hike and would probably come back. Wear comfortable hiking shoes- lots of rocky terrain.

We had a really nice time. As Mary Cate suggested, we did counter clockwise (white, blue, orange, red) and I think this was great advice. Ascending the blue section was fine, but coming down would have been tricky I think.

Wear good shoes/boots as there are lots of spots with rocks to navigate vs. dirt path, and quite a few muddy stream crossings.

We did this hike in reverse (white to blue to orange to red) and given the rock scramble I think this is the way to do it. Really enjoyed the rock scramble and had a nice view at the top. Lots of small streams and waterfalls, and a couple really pretty larger ones. Not too busy on a Saturday afternoon. Trail is pretty well marked - a couple times we ended up off the trail and needed to backtrack to find the blazes again, but if you’re paying attention at the less trafficked/rockier points (very noticeable) you should be fine! We strolled along in no rush and it took us about 3 hours. At normal hiking speed it would probably take me a little under 2. Overall nice hike with some great viewpoints.

Great hike, so many options to do more if you want.

Started on red and finished on white. Nice trail, beautiful water falls. Scramble at the end was tough for the dog going down.

Did this towards the end of March. Lots of snow still. Recommend good boots. Took the white to blue, orange then red. Blue is a rock scramble. Beuatiful views at the top. Stayed for the sunset, so got caught doing the end of the trail in the dark. Thank goodness for the flashlight app. But you can't top that sky at night. Every bit was worth it. Going again this weekend.

First trail with this app. Dogs loved it.

This was my very first hike! I found Reeves to be beautiful and very exciting. This was not a boring trail and even with the snow and ice it was more of a challenge. This was a great adventure!! Would definitely go back!

I took the red trail to orange to blue to white. Slippery in the winter, but totally worth the extra energy to keep from falling. This loop really has a little bit of everything from scrambles to waterfalls.