Reeves Brook Loop Trail

Reeves Brook Loop Trail is a 3.6 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Sloatsburg, New York that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking and trail running and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

cave

Trailhead: Reeves Meadow. Reeves Brook trail with gorgeous streams and waterfalls to Raccoon Brook Hills, rock scrambles and nice views, climbed the Pulpit and met the HTS. Nice sights up to the Russian Bear cliff, took HTS and joined the 7 hills. On the HTS someone had done some great trail work. This hike is approximately 1 hr from downtown NYC by train or car.

Trail was great. Markings are def a little further spaced apart than what you might be accustomed to but using common sense and your intuition you'll be fine. Different trails do intertwine but from my experience, we started out with the white markings which led into blue markings and then red ones. If you see on my recording, we took the long route at one point of the hike but made it back on the designated trail with no issues since I downloaded the satellite version of the map from the All Trails app before we started our hike. Most strenuous part was probably the somewhat steep ascending of some rocks which leads you up to some beautiful views and is roughly the half way point of the loop. Trail starts behind the Brook Reeves "bookstore". Enjoy.

Really enjoyed this trail. Some solid scrambling to the top once the trail splits to blue. We paced at about 20 min a mile.

This was a wonderful trail to hike and I over all enjoyed it! It left me exhausted and feeling accomplished, considering that hiking is a new activity for me. I did this trail with my dog Bailey, who is an Australian shepherd which is a medium sized dog breed with a LOT of energy, and she did great as well, although this trail maybe difficult for smaller dogs considering there are a few scrambles although they could most likely do it in my opinion. Overall it was a fun day hike that left me wanting to do more hikes in the near future.

P.S. If you are planning to do this hike or hiking in generally with your dog bring lunch for him or her and water as they get hungry and thirsty as well. Also a plastic bowl to hold their water and food in!

We started out for a later afternoon hike, our first hike here, and decided to do this little loop. Problem was that where this loop connects to the Harriman State Park Lake trail isn't clearly marked. We wound up leaving this loop and embarking on the lake trail without knowing. Thank heavens we asked campers at the lake how to get back...or we would have been on a 17 mile loop, in the dark!!! Could have actually been pretty dangerous as we hadn't plan for nightfall. We made it back as it was just getting dark and had in fact begun raining. Otherwise, it would have been a nice hike. They really have to mark it better!

Great hike with lots of varying amazing views and fun rock climbs!

The river area is great. The views are decent. The trail is barely a trail and poorly marked.