Reeves Brook Loop Trail

moderateYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray Star(950)
Harriman State Park

Reeves Brook Loop Trail is a 3.8 mile heavily trafficked loop trail located near Sloatsburg, New York that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking and nature trips and is best used from March until November. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Distance: 3.8 miles Elevation Gain: 882 feet Route Type: Loop

cave

The Trailhead is at Reeves Meadow. Reeves Brook trail offers gorgeous streams and waterfalls up to Chipmunk Mountain where you''ll meet rock scrambles and nice views.

Lots of big snakes !

I went clockwise and had a really tough time on a portion of the steep decent. I also had my dog so I was just struggling and really scared for us to tumble down. I used the AllTrails app to stay on the path. There are many different trails around and you can get confused. Otherwise the stream and waterfall is beautiful and views were nice too. This is probably one and done for me though.

A lot of different routes! We went the red route, and although it was pretty challenging, the view of the lake at the end was amazing. However, beware of animals. We saw a rattlesnake!

Great trail Some of the trail heads are hard to see so keep your eyes open !

Fun hike. Lots of rocks to climb. Great view on top.

Great moderate hike with well marked forks. Nice views from the top; small streams along the way. If you want a steep ascent go counter-clockwise. If you want a steep descent, go clockwise.

Very fun hike, but i like to get there early 7am or earlier to avoid a lot of traffic and having to park too far away from the trail head. Love the brook and small waterfalls, scenery is gorgeous! Enjoy!

bridge out

If you are interested in the rock climbing ( not exaggerating here) then please do go on this trial. Views are gorgeous! But if you are not in the top shape or if you are afraid of heights – think twice….. I went with 7 year old and 70 year old… OMG! We went counterclockwise. Views are great, we saw couple of hikers ( not bad for this well known trail), as soon as we turned to the blue rout – we literally had to climb the mountain. Was it worth it? yes. Would I do it again – forget about it.

Really fun trail. Lots of ups and downs. Great views along the river.