Rattlesnake Mountain

Rattlesnake Mountain is a 2.6 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Willsboro, New York that features a lake and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from April until November. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

This trail follows an old logging road and is extremely gentle for 1.2 miles. Then, it's an easy climb to the peak!

We decided on a quick impromptu hike today, so we drove to Rattlesnake. We did not end up hiking due to the trail being closed for hunting. It says the dates on the handmade sign for this weekend only; nothing stating not to go after the 5th. We will try again, and save this short trail for a day with no other plans. Just wrote the review to inform others, incase they decide to venture out.

Great sunrise views over looking Lake Champlain and the Green Mountain.

Amazing for sunrise hikes

It was my first hike after having my baby 3 months old and we made it round trip 2 hours with a snack at the top. a little trickier than I remember hikes to be but with a baby strapped to me it was still awesome!

Always beautiful view for the amount of time to dedicate to the hike!

Beautiful views without eating up a ton of time. Be cautious if you go before sunrise; the trail splits at one point and you could miss it. There is an arrow marking the way that you are supposed to go, but it's easy to miss if you aren't paying attention. The last part turns from easy hiking to moderate scrambling...will definitely wind you a bit!

Excellent views of Lake Champlain and Green Mountains at the top of Rattlesnake. Well worth the hike

I had heard this trail is a "gem," and it certainly didn't disappoint! Very easy trail for the first 1.2 miles, then it tries to act like a mountain near the end. The views are top notch! Great trail for kids or beginners!

Sunday, September 04, 2016