Rattlesnake Mountain

Rattlesnake Mountain is a 2.6 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Willsboro, New York that features a lake and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from April until November. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

This trail follows an old logging road and is extremely gentle for 1.2 miles. Then, it's an easy climb to the peak!

Great short hike, with beautiful views and lots of yummy wild blueberries at the top.

Nice short hike. Luckily I caught a time that wasn’t too busy. Most of the hike is really like a walk until you get closer to the summit then it becomes a scramble. Like a previous comment said, I encountered a hiker with a dog off leash which came right up to my dog who is reactive towards other dogs when he is on leash. Make sure to be on the look out if you also have a reactive dog. Payout is more than I could have hoped.

Short and easy. The trail splits off to the left from the main logging rd. Small tree with piece of red plastic is the trail marker. Nice views of Lake Champlain, Willsboro Bay, and VT.

Nice short hike with one of the best views of Lake Champlain. I just wish people would keep their dogs on leashes. We passed 5 unleashed dogs out of sight of their owners. No way for them to control the dog. There’s nothing more annoying than having a big slobbering dog rub up against you on the trail and scare your kids. I like dogs but keep them on a leash if you can’t keep them next to you.

climbed at 9.00pm to see the lights of Burlington and willsboro point

Nice hike with fantastic view of Lake Champlain and the Green Mountains!! Well worth it!! Poorly marked. If you need a climb that Is easier and friendly to older
Hiking friends, keep in mind it’s Fairly rocky toward the last 1/3 of the climb.

The view from the summit is breathtaking for such a short hike!

trail is a 2.7 miles round trip. this morning was foggy at the peak so we didn't get to enjoy the view from the top but I will definitely hike it again to get the full experience.
I only have it as 4 stars as the trail is not marked as it's not state land and as it intersects a few other trails up near the peak it makes you question if you're on the right track.

Nice little hike. First time on Rattlesnake in the winter!

My first time on the Snake in the Winter. Great hike as always.

A couple of really awesome views along the way!! Nice obstacles towards the top (especially in the winter) totally worth it when you get to the top though!!

A nice trail to snow shoe with beautiful views at the top.

We decided on a quick impromptu hike today, so we drove to Rattlesnake. We did not end up hiking due to the trail being closed for hunting. It says the dates on the handmade sign for this weekend only; nothing stating not to go after the 5th. We will try again, and save this short trail for a day with no other plans. Just wrote the review to inform others, incase they decide to venture out.

Great sunrise views over looking Lake Champlain and the Green Mountain.

Amazing for sunrise hikes

It was my first hike after having my baby 3 months old and we made it round trip 2 hours with a snack at the top. a little trickier than I remember hikes to be but with a baby strapped to me it was still awesome!

Always beautiful view for the amount of time to dedicate to the hike!

Hiked 9/24/17. Beautiful views without eating up a ton of time. Be cautious if you go before sunrise; the trail splits at one point and you could miss it. There is an arrow marking the way that you are supposed to go, but it's easy to miss if you aren't paying attention. The last part turns from easy hiking to moderate scrambling...will definitely wind you a bit!

Wednesday, September 13, 2017

Excellent views of Lake Champlain and Green Mountains at the top of Rattlesnake. Well worth the hike

Tuesday, September 12, 2017

I had heard this trail is a "gem," and it certainly didn't disappoint! Very easy trail for the first 1.2 miles, then it tries to act like a mountain near the end. The views are top notch! Great trail for kids or beginners!

Friday, September 15, 2017