Rattlesnake Gulf [CLOSED]

Rattlesnake Gulf [CLOSED] is a 4.2 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Tully, New York that features a waterfall and is rated as difficult. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from April until August. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

private property

This is a privately owned property and is permanently closed to the public.

Not available to the public anymore.

It doesn't exist anymore for public hiking. Apparently a family bought the land and lives there. My friend and showed up and parked, and then 2 dogs started coming toward us, followed by a woman who asked "umm, can I help you?" We asked where the hiking trails started and she said there weren't any available for the public. She explained that the camp was their home now after buying out the property. It was awkward.

Monday, October 17, 2016

Had a great time here, the falls trail is where this gets classified as hard. Other then that trail all of the trails are welcoming and the scenic overlook is awesome!

Friday, October 07, 2016

The trail is on private land so I was asked to leave. They actively came looking for me to tell me this. So if the park is closed you are SOL.

Tuesday, September 06, 2016

Great hike!

Wednesday, August 10, 2016

So pretty!! The directions on this app are wrong - you will need to park at Adam Eden's Camp and check in at the desk. It's $5 per person but so worth it! There's baby bunnies and chickens too!

Friday, July 29, 2016

Hasent rained in a while so we had plenty of option for hiking down the stream, my 6.5 year old had a blast and we brought our 7 month old blue pit and she did great!!

Sunday, June 26, 2016

this place was challenging yet adventure filled awesome and a hidden gem.. The map here is off..gps Adam's Eden Camp. Lafayette exit.. left on Rt 20 on left 2-3 miles down there will be a sign.. can't miss it. wear hiking boots but def bring water shoes for changing into when walking creek.. happy hiking all!!

Saturday, June 18, 2016

You have to go to AdamsEaden camp to get in. its only 5 a person is 15 family but it's a great hike. took my teenagers and spent 5 hrs there. We only made it down to wedding falls 3 down from the start, and still have 5 more to see. kids played in the holes and falls. great place fun. they have ropes to help you get up and down the cliff with us great to.

Tuesday, May 31, 2016

tried to find this place and my map quest brought me to the middle of some farm road and said I was there

Sunday, May 22, 2016

Hard hike but beautiful scenery!!

Wednesday, May 18, 2016

this was a pretty eventful day. wasn't exactly sure where the trail started. your best bet would be to park on the side of Tully Farms Road and begin the hike at the bridge where the creek runs underneath. it appears to be lots of private property but I was very respectful of the surroundings and tried to be quiet and not disturb anyone. the farther you go the more beautiful it becomes and eventually the trail turns into adams Eden camp, where you have to pay to explore. take the chance if you like. it was an awesome day with lots of waterfalls. just be very respectful of the private property.

Thursday, January 07, 2016

Sunday, August 09, 2015

This is my new favorite hike in the Syracuse area. It's an easy drive to get there. When you get to route 20 you will see a sign on your left leading you to Adams Eden camp. It will say dead end and the entrance is at the dead end. It's $10 per family (parents + kids) or $5 per person if you're not an obvious family. I went with my boyfriend and my brother (and 2 year old) and they charged $5 per adult. The beginning is a long downhill trail that is basically a staircase with rope to help you. The rest of the trail is through the creek which makes it fun and unique. Wear creek shoes with traction. My Teva's worked splendidly. You will be seeing waterfall after waterfall and you won't be disappointed. The Great Falls after a good rain was magnificent. We went another time when it was dryer and it wasn't as much of a splendor. To get down to it you do have to climb up and over and back down a little ridge but they have it roped and I've done it with my 2 year old son on my back twice with no problem. I see people with their young kids down there all the time. There is one area after the great falls where we climbed up on the clay. It was steep but not a problem for experienced hikers. We kept going passed the marked trail and found one more picturesque waterfall. That was pretty tough to get down to but it was so worth it. I wouldn't recommend it to people with kids but to the experienced hiker, definitely make the quick trip down. We climbed behind the falls and swam in there for quite a bit. This is a hike where you hardly need a destination because the whole hike is fun. I will say, there are too many people leaving their trash. We filled up 3 backpacks carrying other people's litter out. If you do this hike, please remember to carry out what you carry in. Again, I highly recommend this trail! Have fun!

Friday, May 01, 2015

the app took us to tully farm rd and we had no clue where to park or walk so we searched and found Adams Eden park. Myself it was extremely challenging and once we got across the water the first time the trail markers start disappearing. I did not make it to a clear view of the second falls as it was steep and no trails. I would love to know how little kids get there to even see the bottom falls! Most definitely bring water shoes and crappy clothes with extras. Wld love to know the easiest way to see these!

Friday, March 27, 2015

We've done this hike a few times in the summer, from both directions - it is awesome and steep in places. Recommend water shoes as you are in and out of the stream bed. Best way is to go in through Adams Eden Camp (Family run) 4812 Cook Rd and pay a small day fee and a waiver to sign. The very steep sections have ropes to hold on to. There are swimming holes, three beautiful water falls - rugged scenery and trails - use caution - have fun!

Monday, July 28, 2014

Bring your hiking boots and creek walking sandals. We only did the creek walk and not the 3 mile around hike, called the creation trail, (check out adamsedencamp.com). We use our boots to go down, then up this hill so steep they have ropes for people to use. Once on the bottom we put on our sandals and enjoy a challenging but fun walk to 3 water falls. Take caution the creek has some very rocky parts and shallow parts as well. The second water fall (Weddings fall) has a spot where you can let the water fall on you, again be careful it’s a little hard to breathe from the current and force of the water also it’s a tight fit and there is spot which could reach your chest (I’ll have a picture up). Not for young kids due to the very difficult hill in the beginning, and also when going down to the second water wall there are more ropes.

Thursday, May 15, 2014

If you take 2 cars park one on Tully Farms Road about a quarter mile from the intersection of Otisco Road and park the other car on Blue Hill Road . Start at thw bridge on Tully Farms rd and head up the creek. You will first find an old mining bridge that goes over top of the creek. Next will be a good size waterfall and best to get yourself on the side of the mountain to clear it. Plenty landslides have made this trek from the valley up very treacherous so wear old clothes and good shoes. Ropes are provided further up to get to the largest of the falls. The ropes were provided from a camp across the mountain that frowns on hikers whom do not hike this crick through them. Having been born and raises here be careful swimming in the blue hole since they don't know jow deep it is...as I recollect.

Friday, September 13, 2013

Could not find any resemblance of a trail. River higher than normal

Friday, November 16, 2012

A difficult trail, but what a great falls. You should be prepared to get wet as the trail follows the stream. Please use the website for the camp: www.AdamsEdenCamp.com for more information. There is a small fee per day for the camp where this trail is located.

Wednesday, August 01, 2012

Experienced hike, great navigating requirements!

Sunday, July 22, 2012

This is one of my favorite trails to spend the day hiking. The small fee per person is worth the experience of all the beautiful waterfalls, that are clearly defined on the complimentary map provided at check it. My family and I have explored the trails at length. They are all amazing! Proper footwear is necessary to walk these trails.

Sunday, June 24, 2012

First off I am not affiliated with the owners of the camp in any way. This is now privately owned but they run a camp on the premises which include two trails, one of which is the Rattlensake gulf creek walk.

The trail starts off walking up a maintenance dirt road and quickly diverts into the woods and downhill. At times it is so steep it is safer to go down on your bottom then attempt to traverse standing up. The trail is clearly marked, and at times there are ropes setup for assistance. Once at the bottom, a 400 ft decline according to brochure, you are at the gulf/creek.

There is no trail per se, you walk in the creek. As such make sure to wear proper footwear and, if desired, bring spare clothes, socks, and footwear. There is no way to avoid getting wet, at some point you have to get in the creek to get moving.

The falls themselves are beautiful, although we only saw the one of 4. The one upstream was closed due a landslide, and the remaining two downstream looked to strenous for us. Literally a uphill climb by rope, just about straight up, and then down to the second. The 4th is apparently way downstream.

The second falls has a rather deep pool that apparently, when there is a lifeguard present, you can actually swim in.

Loved the trail, was strenous enough to leave me winded at the end. When we went it had been dry several weeks beforehand, I can'teven imagine trying to traverse this after it has been wet, the steepness of the trail combined with the mud would make it almost impossible.

Thursday, May 03, 2012

Culd not find this trail

Monday, October 17, 2016