Raquette River

Raquette River is a 13.1 mile lightly trafficked point-to-point trail located near Tupper Lake, New York that features a waterfall and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for camping, canoeing, and whitewater kayaking and is best used from April until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Point to Point

whitewater kayaking

Tuesday, September 10, 2013

I've done lots of paddling here. It's a nice trail but very well travelled.

Tuesday, June 07, 2011

Raquette River Outfitters set us up really nicely. Got a ride from their rental office on Tupper and put in at Axton where we paddled upriver to the falls. Unfortunately the 2-day trip was cut short due to torrential rains in the morning of day 2. Day 1 was sunny and relaxing, though, so I still have fond memories. The canoeing is easy and takes you through beautiful landscape: lots of turns through high grass and several really nice camping sites with a view of the river. Great swimming holes and lots of wildlife. Unfortunately we didn't make it to the waterfall due to the rain, but I've heard it's nice. My suggestion: if you're doing this in July or August start off early so you can get a good campsite, and head up to the falls in the early afternoon so you can paddle with the current on the way back.

Sunday, October 10, 2010

Steve's Raquette River Canoeing trip

This July i went with 5 other people. We took a seaplane up to view our trip and it was totally awesome. we camped at Kelly point, Sandy beach, Raquette River Canoe Carry., Trombley, and Tuper-they all were beautiful spots top camp out and the river was beautiful. My next trip will be to Colorado, or Idaho-both which contain rough mountains to hike.