Randall Hill Loop Trail is a 6.3 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Truxton, New York that offers the chance to see wildlife and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, running, and bird watching and is best used from April until December. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 6.3 miles Elevation Gain: 675 feet Route Type: Loop

Beginning of the trail going counterclockwise was nice. Descent elevation for a moderate workout. Disappointed there was only a road back. Would have preferred more woods. I would do this as an out and back and forget the road. Some bugs in the parking area but once on the trail they were gone

not much to see on this trail, but it's a great solitary hike that was challenging enough to engage an experienced hiker and a new adventure with every mile in the early spring. Second half of the trail is on a gravel road and pretty boring, would recommend taking it as an out and back where it meets the road. Trail is not accessible during winter, even on a 50 degree March day the dirt road in had a lot of ice on it. Not sure how long it was because I had my phone off but it definitely seems longer than 6.3 miles, I would guess around 7.

Mon May 27 2019

This is a great deep woods trail on state lands. No real reason for 4 stars, just doesn't feel like a 5 star trail. Yes, as someone mentioned, half of it is on the seasonal dirt road. I'm perfectly okay with this and I started my hike on the road, coming in to the woods later (pay attention and look up or you'll miss the turn back in!). It was pretty muddy in spots - it rained two days ago. Toward the end (or at the beginning if you start in the woods) there are prickers which are avoidable now, but will grow longer and bigger soon enough. Bugs weren't too bad. Perfect day for a hike. My recording didn't save, but on the app, it states I hiked 6.9 miles, and My Fitbit recorded that I hiked 7.4 miles, so either way, I think it's longer than 6.3. Took me 3 hours 20 minutes.

Sun Apr 07 2019

April 7, 2019 trail was very well marked some mud some snow pack typical conditions for early April eastern Loop is all road very quiet very private.

Sat Oct 20 2018

I grew up on Cuyler hill and walked this trail numerous times with my family loved it then and love it now!

Wed Oct 04 2017

So I have to give this trail a mixed review. The first 3 miles or so were great, mixed forest, old and new, hills, streams, and well marked trails. But instead of a loop, I feel it could have been an out and back, because the last 3 miles that make it a loop, is all road. Sure it's a seasonal stone road with no traffic, but really not what I consider a hike in the woods. On an aside, when we hit that road, we mistakenly crossed it and continued on a marked trail, down hill, cross a stream, and came to a cool clearing with a stone fire pit and stone bench. Really cool spot, totally worth the extra 20 minutes.

Tue Oct 03 2017