Prosser Pines Loop Trail

Prosser Pines Loop Trail is a 0.7 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Middle Island, New York that features a great forest setting and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking and trail running and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

I love this hike. It’s perfect in any weather (I went in the winter after a snow storm and had a blast). It’s quick and unlike any other landscape I’ve seen on Long Island. It smells of pine and reminds me of the pine forests of Canada. This quick hike is 100% worth the trip

I love this trail especially when no one else is there. It is so peaceful and serene. There is a sign that says dogs should be on leash and under your control at all times which is not indicated on this app. Overall its a short hike but well worth it.

A fun, quick loop. Lots of downed trees from this year's winter Nor'Easters. Blocked trails at some points. A god one to do in the snow or on a windy day when you can hear the trees whispering and creaking against each other. Kids loved the two tepees we found along the way. All the pine needles make it soft on the feet, too.

very very short but beautiful! you definitely don't feel like you're on long island when you're on these trails. I mainly went to get a few pictures of my dogs and not for a challenging hike/run. so my trip that took 30 mins from west Islip was worth it because I got a couple of great shots

Short walk, large gorgeous pines!

This is a short little one. I love the trees here and it smells gorgeous. This is one of my favorites.

short but sweet. beautiful trees

I loved the layout of this trail! Very open and wide and lots of dogs aswell. Very great for pictures!

Quick, historic, beautiful. Special place. Silent. Plus the cool timber hive someones builds.

I love this trail! Great for a nice easy walk.

Monday, May 22, 2017

It was a nice easy peaceful walk with my 5lb Pomeranian. Not many people around and only one other dog we ran into that was unleashed...and thankfully her size! It was a fun little find and we walked out of the woods into a clearing in which I foresee us returning with Truffles favorite ball to chase. Not a demanding walk with steep inclines or obstacles so it made it even nicer for Truffle to maneuver through. Great for your active smaller pup.

Sunday, February 05, 2017

Nice walk in tall pine trees

Sunday, November 06, 2016

Beautiful area, on and off trail. Fun exploring and even found some geocaches. Hidden gem!

Wednesday, August 17, 2016

Favorite trail

Monday, August 08, 2016

If you want a short work out, it's ok. I was going for more of a long distance run but this is too short. There's a trail down the road from here called Cathedral Pines, but it cost 15 dollars to get in without a special card. The trees are beautiful though. It's easy for kids as well.

Thursday, June 30, 2016

very peaceful nice short trail

Saturday, May 28, 2016

So beautiful and peaceful!

Saturday, May 14, 2016

My favorite peaceful place on Long Island. There's a HUGE grass farm you can walk on too. Been going there for years and years.

Monday, December 28, 2015

Trails not marked well. I ended up off the trail. Wide paths and nice wooded area to walk with more than one person. Very short trail.

Friday, July 11, 2014

a nice walk in the woods :) A couple sloping hills, but barely enough to consider this a 'hike.' The dog loved sniffing every tree imaginable. Easy to go off the trail and explore, then quickly find your way back to the trail.

Didn't get any ticks.

Wednesday, July 11, 2012

I saw many people coming here to walk their dogs. I agree it is not really a trail, however my sons both enjoyed exploring the area. It was beautiful with very large white pine trees.

Tuesday, December 06, 2011

This is not really a trail, just a walk under the blanket of pine trees. It smells great, but not exactly a hike.

recorded Prosser Pines Loop Trail