Popolopen Torne Loop

Popolopen Torne Loop is a 5.1 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Highland Falls, New York that features a waterfall and is rated as difficult. The trail is primarily used for hiking and is best used from April until November. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

beach

It was ok. Decent hike with some good inclines but definitely not "hard." There were a few pretty spots but the best veiws were from the parking lot. I haven't hiked the area before but I got the feeling there were other trails near by that would have been much better.

Good short hike - doge loved it

Excellent hike, beautiful views of the Hudson River, and moving monument to soldiers who have served. This hike is has payoffs in the exercise, in the views at the top, and in the sense of solemn pride for the sacrifice of those honored at the memorial at the top. Great day hike.

My first hike ever. One of the days that changed my life, finding my love for the outdoors.

Short but great hike

Great day hike with fantastic views!

Hiked this trail 11/28/2017. Trail was slightly difficult to follow.. thank you All Trails for the trail map! We tacked on an extra 1.5 miles due to getting lost. However, with that said, the trail was nice. The peak was worth the challenge of scrambling over rather challenging rocks. It would have been much nice to be up their with the fall foliage however, being the time of year, we did not encounter any crowds, which was nice! I would recommend this hike for those looking for a fun challenge!

We went up the steep side (left side of the loop), I recommend doing it this way. I find it much easier to climb up rocks than down them. The other aide is not as steep and easier to go down.

I thought this hike began moderate until you got closer to the top. The. Coming down was not that easy to say the least! I totally see why this is consider hard. The view from the top is worth every step to get there! Would do this again.

Amazing view

This trail has it all! Some stroll and some climb... enough heart pounding to keep it interesting and the view from the top? It was totally worth it!

Loved this hike! The view at the top is amazing!

One of our favorite hiking trail so far. It was very hard but worth it!!

Excellent 3 hr hike with adding the Brooks Lake. Highly recommendable.

Moderate. Not hard. Walked down the blue path and ventured off of it to a swimming hole and double mini waterfall that was very pretty. After reaching the top which was just a very short scramble I went further the turkey
Hill pond which was very beautiful. There's also a gun range south of the pond so make sure you stay on trail. Long day but I wouldn't consider this hard.

Our Cub Scout pack went up today. Kids had no problems... can’t say the same for the adults. We only did the Trail of the Fallen, but it’s one heck of a cardio workout going up... beautiful views.

Only complaint is that the blazes are hard to spot occasionally...

agreed with the other person who said this is moderate rather than hard. blazes also aren't well placed at all and very easy to get lost.

I would rate this hike as moderate. You are walking on fairly flat ground for most of the trail until you approach the mountain. One drawback of this trail is that you are hiking very close to the road. So, you can hear traffic which sort of disrupts the peacefulness of the trail. The view at the top of the mountain is great and there is plenty of flat rock to each lunch and sit.

surfing

One of the most beautiful swimming holes around and great cliff jumping but has gotten too popular over the last couple years. If you go be safe, watch out for rangers, and please pick up your damn garbage.

Marks are confusing. You hear loud traffic noise 80% of the time. Kids and teenagers are jumping off the cliff into the creek. Not exactly a peaceful hike.

Three stars because from a naturalist's point of view, this loop stinks. You cross the road and walk the road multiple times, always hear the sound of traffic, and most of the plants are invasive species. However, great trail for exercise, more of a 5/5 there. I climbed the equivalent of 63 flights of stairs! A caution: unless you have the upper body strength to lift and move your entire body with your arms, take the trail to the right of the final mountain climb. To the left it progresses into rock climbing pretty quickly, which is something I didn't realize and wasn't prepared for. Great for a challenge, but just FYI. Also, snakes like to hang out on and under rocks, and while I didn't see snakes I saw quite a few skins, so be careful!

Nice hike, not too difficult. At one point you have to pass under a hand rail, after Popolopen Torne, Other than the mountain it is a quiet walk through the forest with only a few inclines.

One of my favorite hikes. Although it is a bit challenging for some, it is definitely a great workout for all!

nice hike, did it in the pouring rain, and i would do it again ! really nice pond to go around and the hike itself it really nice, great view at the top, i imagine that when beacon and bear and all the other trails are filled with hipsters this may be the next best option!

Very nice hike today. A special day for many reasons. The trail is marked very well. With my rock in backpack when got to the top a priest was saying mass. Wow. Father JC.
This hike I will never forget

There is only one part of this hike that is really nice and that is the from the mine road to the summit- nice bald face rock challenging climb. The rest of the hike is poorly marked and you can hear road noice almost all the time and it cross-crosses the mine road. For much of the hike you can see peoples houses and hear road noises.

Have nice view where you reached the top of the mountain, also had a lot of caterpillars on the trees and on rocks, we saw a big black bear walking on our way going down of the mountain....

Had a amazing time, trail kinda hard to follow but well worth it

Compared to Breakneck Ridge or Anthony's Nose this is an easy trail with small inclines.