Popolopen Torne Loop

Popolopen Torne Loop is a 5.1 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Highland Falls, New York that features a waterfall and is rated as difficult. The trail is primarily used for hiking and is best used from April until November. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

beach

Hiked this trail 11/28/2017. Trail was slightly difficult to follow.. thank you All Trails for the trail map! We tacked on an extra 1.5 miles due to getting lost. However, with that said, the trail was nice. The peak was worth the challenge of scrambling over rather challenging rocks. It would have been much nice to be up their with the fall foliage however, being the time of year, we did not encounter any crowds, which was nice! I would recommend this hike for those looking for a fun challenge!

We went up the steep side (left side of the loop), I recommend doing it this way. I find it much easier to climb up rocks than down them. The other aide is not as steep and easier to go down.

I thought this hike began moderate until you got closer to the top. The. Coming down was not that easy to say the least! I totally see why this is consider hard. The view from the top is worth every step to get there! Would do this again.