Poke-O-Moonshine Trail

Poke-O-Moonshine Trail is a 2.4 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Keeseville, New York that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

rock climbing

A great out & back trail leading to a fire tower. There are views towards the High Peaks and Lake Champlain from the summit. From the fire tower there are views towards the northern part of Lake Champlain and Plattsburgh. The cab of the fire tower is open during the summer months.

Trail is challenging.... our 12 year olds and 10 year old did well with few complaints ...well worth the view at the top

We loved it. It was a difficult hike up. On the way up you will see a lot of beaver dams. if ypu have the guts, go up the fire tower you will get a great panoramic view.

Took the longer hike further down route 9 it was a 4 mile out and back and took a little over 3 hours. The views from the top and the fire tower were amazing you can see Lake Champlain from the top. Our dog went as well and there are plenty of spots to stop and swim including where the beaver dam is. All in all great hike

Great hike with optional trailheads. The original trail within the old campground is a more challenging steep trek, while the newer just down the road is a more moderate incline (but I believe just a bit longer) We did the steep one, it was well worth it. Views are amazing of the high peaks, Lake Champlain, Green Mountains in Vermont, and even into Canada.

Good short hike. Pretty vertical though. I found the views from the lookout prior to reaching the top were my favorite. The fire tower area was neat but I was surprised to see as many people as I did up there. Came back down to the look out, strung up a hammock and heated up some soup (it was pretty rainy and cold). The view was pretty incredible.

my favorite hike since I was a kid. always a challenge!