Pitching Point

Pitching Point is a 3.6 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near New Windsor, New York that features a river and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Beautiful in any season!

Absolutely loved it! Especially with all the fall foliage. I recommend going clockwise. The beginning is very easy “a walk in the woods” then it goes up steep rock steps but only for about 15 minutes. Overall pretty easy hike and breathing views.

Great hike although the first mile on the white trail is boring. Multiple views from the blue trail are incredible though. Fall colors are just starting to peak and this will probably be gorgeous in a week or two. I'd definitely do it again. Clocked it at 4.34 miles though, not 3.6.

Great hike! Very steep at certain section! Missed the blue trail marker and reversed it! White to blue on the left instead of right! I think I preferred the trail that way instead of the way it's recommended! It's difinitely not 3.6 miles I clocked it at 5.4 miles starting from first parking lot on 9W going north! Not really any rock scrambling but many rock steps. Be careful of loose rocks especially going down and use bug spray. Take plently of water! I rate this a 7 out of 10. Great views!

Challenging hike... super views... be prepared to work...

it was a decent hike. the train was not too bad. my dog really liked it.

Steep downhill walking at first but gets easier after. Walked past the marker for the trail, but back tracked not too far after since I read the other reviews here and had a feeling I missed it. Lots and lots of bugs flying around, I would recommend wearing some sort of bug spray. I brought my small-ish dog with me but had to carry her once we looped back and hit the steep part again. Had a great time and enjoyed the views, I'll definitely go back soon.