Pine Swamp Loop is a 2.8 mile heavily trafficked loop trail located near Bear Mountain, New York that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until November. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 2.8 miles Elevation Gain: 308 feet Route Type: Loop

Nice trail. Lots of birds. Not too busy. Well marked. We went counter clockwise. partial shade most of the time but I don't think all of the trees have leafed out yet. it rained 3 days ago and there was still some mud. Signs said the parking lot was full, that was around 11, but we found a spot.

Lovely trail, not too crowded

Great hike today. We went counterclockwise. A bit of elevation on the front. Levels out. Appreciated how the sites change (pine forest, swamp, rock hops over brooks and lake views to end it up). A bit buggy today with flies. Getting so green though as spring has sprung!

One of the best trails out there. It was a big challenge, but worth the efforts. Our group had a marvelous experience and time all the way up and down. You should give it a try!

Great trail! Lots of different options to extend the hike if you would like. When we went in March we got to see some snow which was a nice contrast!

Clear trail markings, but it is unclear that you need to switch trail markers in order to do the small 2.8 mile loop. Without knowing this my husband and I went a few miles out of the way. Muddy and rocky with many trees down.

pine swamp mine. 가는길 포함

Great trail. If you start clockwise, you hit the rocky part of the trail first which I appreciated!

Nice short trail good for families with kids.

Nice views, but very crowded.

going into my top 5 hikes in NY NJ area. extremely varied landscapes and serene once you get away from 7 Lakes drive.

flooded

Quite diverse and interesting. Enough to raise the heart rate and miles under feet. I found quite a few ahhh moments. I did go off the trail map a little bit to stay away from the pond as there may have been a lot of people there today the weather was ideal and C19 has pushed a lot of people to hike.

Very good trail, easy to moderate. Took me about 1.5 hours to complete the loop, though I did not take too many breaks.

One of my favorite trails in Harriman State Park! Beautiful landscape, lots of pines, pretty rock formations, bird activity, small waterfalls and streams, good for exercise but still a relatively easy walk, and Pine Swamp is gorgeous and peaceful. The trail varies- starts out as smooth dirt/scree but inclined, changes over to thick mud near the swamp, and the last third of the walk is a bit rocky but with no scrambles really. I recommend finishing the loop sitting by the lake with a snack. Maybe it’s just because it’s not peak season yet, but it was just so tranquil. It’s easy to find and the parking area is generous, which is not always the case. Great for families too because the loop is just under 3 miles long and never gets too challenging.